Chapter 23: Leniency or Jealousy?

Katherine slid her hands along Elijah's chest, eventually tangling her fingers in his soft brown hair as the two shared a kiss that was slowly growing more heated by the second. She was already tossing the flowers he brought her on the floor just to make room for them on the bed, which was where they were certainly headed.

Elijah would have typically had enough common sense to pull away by now, seeing as though they were not alone in the house and most of the other residents had enhanced hearing. But something about her only drew him in further. She was a siren of her own making, able to seduce just about anyone into doing anything.

Not that he was complaining of course.

He loved her far more than words could express. And if he could get further along in his research to save her life, they truly could be together forever.

"Why is it that every time I come in here you two are about to rip each other's clothes off? Might I suggest a hotel? Or perhaps a do not disturb sign on the door?" Klaus' sarcastic tone of voice was enough to snap them back into the reality that they were no longer alone in the privacy of her bedroom.

Katherine glared at him once Elijah pulled away from her, much to her dismay. "Why is it that every time I'm trying to rip the clothes off my boyfriend, you come in here?" She shot back, returning his sarcastic smile with one of her own. Her time of fearing him was long over. And they both knew it. They also knew why. Because her own time was running out. But that was a reality neither of them was ready to accept. Both for different reasons.

"What do you want now, Klaus?" Katherine questioned, rubbing her temples in clear annoyance. Over the past three weeks Klaus had done a complete one eighty. Not that it was particularly surprising to her. More like irritating. He stopped taking her anywhere and instead sent Rebekah out with her like a dog being taken for a walk, he didn't even bother speaking to her unless it was to insult her, and perhaps the worst one, he now collected her blood every week.

Klaus held up the empty blood bag as if it should've been obvious. He appeared seemingly unaffected by the tone she took with him. He no longer cared if he made her angry. He wanted to make her angry. He wanted to hurt her. Maybe then he could get rid of whatever strange emotions had been in his heart ever since he saved her life in that motel room. At least that was what he was telling himself. Deep down however, he knew this had less to do with getting rid of the bizarre feelings and more to do with revenge. He wanted to hurt her as much as she hurt him. Despite him not acknowledging he was in fact hurt.

"I tracked down a werewolf pack I've been after to Colorado." He said simply, not offering her any further explanation. "Therefore I am going to need more of your blood." With Marcel not giving up the city, his mole in his inner circle not giving him any crucial information to take him down, and a child on the way, he needed an army now more than ever. "Which means, Elijah, get out will you?"

Katherine reached for his hand when she heard the annoyed sigh that left his lips. "I'll come find you when I'm done okay?" She looked up at him, her lips shaped into a small smile, and leaned up kissing him softly.

Elijah visibly relaxed as he felt her lips over his own. Even if it was for less than a second. "Alright. I will see you in a little while then." He pressed a kiss on her forehead unable to help himself and turned to look at his brother. He didn't say anything, but his eyes did all the talking. They easily warned him not to harm her in any way.

A warning which Klaus promptly ignored and instead began setting up by the bed. Surely Elijah had to know he wouldn't be so stupid as to kill the one person who could help him make hybrids. Even if that person was Katerina.

"So you're going to Colorado?" Katherine spoke up only once Elijah shut the door behind him as he exited the room. "Isn't your paranoid self concerned with leaving Hayley here defenseless?" She mumbled taking a seat on the bed, already used to this routine by now. He'd come in, stab her skin with that painful needle, and sit down across the bed waiting for the bag to be filled. Typically he had a book with him to pass the time, but not today.