•Baby: Part 2•

"You want me to drink that?" Lyndie shivers at the sight of the pint of blood in a styraphome cup that Bella holds in front of her.

"When I was pregnant with Reneesme, this is what I drank. And I felt better."

Lyndie's taste buds tensed as Jasper rubs her shoulders encouraging her to try it.

She takes the cup in her hands and sips. The strong iron taste floods her system and uplifts her mood.

"How does it taste, Darlin?" Jasper whispers.

"Really....good," she sighs and takes another sip. The color in her hair seemed to regenerate to its former glory. And the bags under her eyes seemed to vanish. Jasper is thrilled to see his wife up and going again.

~~~~~~~~

A few weeks pass, and Lyndie's belly has surpassed the average size for 5 months. Carlisle grows concerned for her health as the sonograms show the baby to be full term. But it is only 5 months in utero.

The blood diet's effect starts to decrease as Lyndie starts to lose her strength to get out of bed. Jasper begins to worry again as things fall back to their wicked ways. His wife is slowly dying, and he can't do anything to help.

"This baby needs to be born as soon as possible. Or else it will be difficult to deliver," Carlisle suggests as he hooks Lyndie up to multiple machines. Jasper witnesses it all while comforting Lyndie in the best way he can.

"What is your plan, Carlisle?"

"I have to operate. It's the only way both of them will survive."

Jasper feels her grab at his arm slightly. Beads of sweat falling from her forehead. Her eyes barely open. He looks at her with desperate eyes.

He picks up a wet cloth and places it across her forehead in hopes of bringing her 103.5°F fever down.

"I'm here, I'm not going anywhere," he kisses her briefly. He can see how the pupils in her eyes are barely visible. Unlike the first time he gazed into them, they were fairly noticable.

She gestures him closer.

"Jynnie," she breathes out harshly.

"Jynnie?he stares at her.

"Let's name her Jynnie," she clarifies.

"Of course,"  was all he could say.

The monitors begin to blare as Lyndie falls unconscious.

"What's happening, Carlisle?"

"Her blood pressure is dropping. This can't wait, I have to operate now."

"I'm staying."

"Are you sure you can handle it?"

"This is my wife we're talking about. I can handle anything."

Carlisle agrees and calls for Esme to assist as she can control herself.

He prepares everything as he places Lyndie under anesthesia and begins to make the incision.

Jasper links his head against hers. Keeping his eyes shut for more than time can count. For him it feels like forever.

"Come on, Lyndie," and for the first time in decades. He cries. Praying that his mate makes it through this.

Until, a helpless cry echoes through the room. Jasper's eyes dart to Carlisle who is holding his daughter in his hands. Then everything suddenly stops.

He hands the baby to Esme who carries her off to clean her up. Jasper glances down at Lyndie.

Carlisle closes up, relieving Lyndie of anymore pain.

"Thank you, Carlisle."

He nods, patting Jasper on the shoulder.

"Congratulations."

Jasper approaches the bassinet and craddles Jynnie. Her small brown eyes blinking. He fixes a few misplaced strands of blonde fuzz atop her head. Just then, nothing else matters.

~~~~~~~~~~

"No Jynnie, don't eat that," Lyndie picks up her daughter and places her in Jasper's arms. Every since she started to crawl, she always had a thing for putting things in her mouth. Whether it would be toys or anything else.

"I think you should rest, Darlin'," he suggests as his wife yawns.

"If you insist, dear," she pecks him on the lips and plants a kiss on Jynnie's head.

And just then. Everything was perfect.