C~64: Man Behind It All

Eveanlgine's P.O.V

I'm so hungry.

Morning can't come soon enough!!!

And I can't do anything about it!!!

I groan as the sun comes dripping into the wall above me, just as it does the panel on the floor opens, and Maria walks up a confident pep in her step "Sleep well?"

"What's the definition of well?" I ask, trying to get my sarcasm through that thick skull of hers. She reaches behind her back, pulling out a glass of blood, I begin panting just looking at it. She hands it to me, and I take it quickly, smelling it.

Wait.

looking from the drink to her gripping the glass, I throw it across the room, having it smash against the wall "You know I'm a vegetarian vampire I would hate to break that!" I shout, she had a lot of nerve thinking I would swallow human blood.

Maria sighs, tapping her foot. "What a waste of a perfectly good mortal," she complains. "Maria, stop teasing our guest," says an elegant voice that I never hoped to hear again!

From the trap door, walk up Caius.

Of course, he's dropped the robe, now he wears regular dress pants, undershirt, and fancy vest. He looked straight out of Shakespear, "You know I was hoping this whole thing was you." I admit Caius's eyes look at me in surprise, "Really?"

"Yeah, it's a bitch waiting two and a half years for the same guy who wants you wiped from existence to show up so I could punch him in the face." I slowly explain, Caius's face goes blank, and I smile, "So yeah, I was hoping this was you."

Caius's smile reappears, and he turns to Maria, "Will you please leave us to talk?" he asks, Maria nods, giving me one last glare before leaving. I turn to Caius, the energy in the room was way to calm, so I spoke, "Okay, what do you want with me?" I ask, bored.

The Immortal kneels down before me smirking, "Nothing yet, you are simply a tool...you know of the history of our kind correct?"

"More or less."

"You know of the Blood Moon Waltz?"

Shaking my head, I lean back against the wall, "I've heard of it."

Caius chuckles, "It was an older tradition, the name is very misleading. The Blood Moon Waltz was how the vampires and spirits first kept the peace, the spirits gave the vampires a jewel called the Lunar Gem for protection in return every hundred years when the moon hits it's highest peak, there was a ball for the vampires and the spirits would send a sacrifice. A moon spirit would marry one vampire, and when the clock struck midnight signaling the next day, the newlywed Immortal would kill them."

Okay, what did this have to do with me, and why should I care? "That was ended over five thousand years ago! Why should I care?" I question rolling my eye. Caius was clearly annoyed by my lack of participation and grabs my face in his hands "Listen to me; it's time the spirits paid up one last sacrifice."

"Last?" I point out.

Caius's chuckling ceases being replaced with full out laughter. "So many questions, so little time, and maybe if you behave, I can give you more comfortable...conditions," he says, moving the back of his finger down my cheek.

"And why should I take the request of a thief!!!" I spit, referring to his power, "You call me the thief?"

"You stole my best friends, sou-."

"No, I set him free...you steal powers as I do souls, so how am I the thief?"

"And I should take your word for it?"

"My dear, in a few days time, my word is all you will be apprehending." he whispers, my brows quirk in "What does that even mean!!! You speak in riddles," I shout, banging my head against the wall "And I wanted was to get married!" I shout, looking back at Caius, he sighs smirking at my words and stands.

"You will join me in the study after lunch unless you would like to join me for such?" he inquiries. Scoffing, I smile, "Well, I think what evers on the menu doesn't have a vegetarian option."

We keep a lingering gaze before he moves down the trap door, leaving me to my solitude.

That blab about the Blood Moon Waltz he had to be bluffing, right?

Looking to the window, I can barely see the sunrise over the frame, Jasper used to wake me up before dawn so we could watch it together. This is my first sunrise in two years that I've had to watch without him.

Closing my eyes, I bang my head back against the wall feeling it shift behind me, leaning forward and turning around. I see the brick is shifted back. I reach up and slide my fingers between the cracks, pull the block out, set it down beside me, and enter the open area.

A cover, pages, grabbing the book, I pull it out and blow the dust and bits of rubble off it.

What was something like this doing here?

I open the book to the first page, and I don't know what to think, "The final testament of Selene DeLaMour, the Lunar Guardian."

************************************************************

No One's P.O.V

"The closest we could get to Romania was Lug, Croatia?" asks Seth. The four had landed they're and following the direction on Whitman's phone began walking towards Romania, Skye scoffs "Soonest flight I could get that was closest and wasn't booked...speaking of which why are we heading to Romania?"

"Why? Having second thoughts?" pushes Major.

Skye smirks, "Just want to know what all the adventure is for. And why aren't we driving?"

"We don't have any money to get a car," states Seth.

"So? Let me handle it, take one off the side of the road like I did the Ferrari, hotwire it." she praises, of course, this only sounded cool in her head. In reality, the three boys peer at her in confusion, "I'm sorry you stole that car?" inquires Seth.

"Borrowed...The guy will find it at the airport." she protests moving forward, Major rushes up making Whitman face him "She's crazy!" he whisper shouts. Whitman was stunned by the fact that she knows how to hotwire a car, and has stolen one, and knows how to drive illegally.

Taking a breath, he looks Major in the eyes, making a group decision. "We're doing this for mom, whatever it takes, that's what you said." stands Whitman, Major stares at his brother in disbelief. Since when did Whitman stand against the law?

Skye looks back, putting a hand on Whitman's shoulder, "Whit, come on."

"I'm coming," he answers, walking off with her. Major stares off and crosses his arms. "There is something about her I don't trust," he says. Seth walks up, putting a hand on his shoulder. "Listen, man, I don't like her to, so let's not worry about it."

"But I just gotta know." says Major continuing to walk off, Whitman stops and looks back at the two "Man!... If you need anything, I'll do it!" mutters Seth. Major looks back at him "You'd snoop through someone else's stuff for me?"

Seth gulps, "...Yeah."

Major pats him on the shoulder. "Dude, you are a man's best friend!"

Whitman watches his interaction with Seth and begins to wonder. Just as Major wondered why Whitman would stand Skye, Whitman wondered why Seth would practically do anything for Major.

The two missions of they're own, but they knew as this little adventure goes on, they would find out what each person in their merry little band was hiding.