George Russell. First kiss. Part 3

I blush and tears of joy almost come to my eyes. 

"You.. you remembered?" I stammer as I walk towards George.

"Of course I did. And all the drivers came to celebrate" George said.

"We know you have no family or friends or money here I'm England" Max said, and Daniel elbowed him on the ribs signaling for him to shut up "but you do have us. We just arent all in England. We can come by whenever though.  And you can come to all our races." He continued.

"It will be nice having a girl who isnt your girlfriend or a rich model around the paddock for a change" Lando said. I smile.

"I can't believe you remembered." I say as I hug George, wrapping my arms around his neck. He hugs me at my waist and spins me around

A couple of the drivers 'aww' as they see my smile. This is amazing.

"Now let's get to lunch please. I cant wait for the jamon" Carlos said.

"What's  'ham-on'?" Lando asked with a horrible spanish accent.

"This guy doesnt know what jamon is." Carlos said looking to me and pointing his thumb towards Lando. I laugh and smile.

We all sit at the picnicking blankets they brought.

"Is this something you average middle class people do often? Sit on the dirty ground and eat cheap food?" Lewis asked.

I roll my eyes.
"Yes. It's called a picnic. And usually you have them at a park with friends." I say and laugh.

"OOH. This is like pepperani?" Lando said as he ate the jamon.

Carlos rolled his eyes.

"Lando, its just spanish ham." I say and giggle.

The whole thing is scerene.

Its straight out of a movie.

We all sit on picnic blankets and laugh. The sun leaves the shine lines through my sunglasses and we all laugh together.

After we finish lunch, I hear George clear his throat

"Y/N happy birthday. And what kind of boyfriend would I be if I didn't get you a gift?" He said and smiled.

This was the first time he referred to us as boyfriend and girlfriend. My heart skipped a beat.

He pulls a pretty box out of his pocket and pulls a necklace out of it.

I gasp and clasp a hand to my mouth

"Its gorgeous!" I say, in awe.

He steps towards me and unclasps it. I move my hair and he slips it on my neck. I touch it and smile at him. He smiles back at me.

He leans a bit closer. Our foreheads almost touching.

"Just kiss her already!" Daniel shouts.

"Ya mate. Hurry up!" Max shouted in agreement.

"I will not have our first kiss be like that. With you watching and cheering." George said and took my hand.

"Whatever. Move on" lando said.
"Tell her about our gift" carlos said.

"George! You shouldnt have let them spend money on me!" I say.

"Dont worry. Lewis has got plenty to share." Seb said.

"Hey!" Lewis said and playfully pushed him.

"I told them about your dream of studying at Oxford." George said.

"Oh dont get their hopes up. The chances of me getting accepted are-"

"High enough." George interrupted me.

"Fine. 'High enough'. But I could never afford it." I say.

"Ai, mi amor. That is where you are sadly right. You alone could never afford it. But you are sitting in a field on your birthday with 20 Formula 1 drivers who make more money than you can imagine." Carlos said and passed me a card.

I opened it.