Walking Into A Mess

"Hey, Tiny! Sorry, I'm late!" Y/N calls out as she walks into the common room of the compound. "There was some traffic so I had to swi-" She cuts off as she looks up and sees the Avengers sitting on the couch. "Oh, um, hi?" She says awkwardly. These are the Avengers and she's making a fool of herself! Y/N does a mental head smack and clears her throat to introduce herself because CLEARLY they weren't going to say anything. "Um, I'm Y/N. Sorry for bothering you. I was just looking for Tony and-" She pauses when Natasha stands up and starts walking towards. She takes a step back but isn't too worried because her gut feeling wasn't doing shit. "I'm really sorry, Ms Romanoff. I'm just gonna go down to the labs." Wait. Nobody knows the Avengers' real names. Shit. The teen thinks to herself. "How the hell do you know my name? You must be close to Stark. What did you have to do because of the traffic?" She quizzes her. "Nat, back up. She's just a kid. How old are you?" Steve asks, standing up. "Uh, fif-" Y/N starts. Her voice comes out high because of how scared she was, so she clears her throat again. "Fifteen. I'm Tony's intern. I gotta get going to the lab." She quickly excuses herself. She gets to the elevator and her back is turned to the group when she feels the vibrations of something coming through the air. She quickly ducks as a taser gun goes off and lands on the doors. She turns around with her eyes filled with fear as she looks at Black Widow holding a stun gun. She feels her chest starting to move faster from fear. She's fought plenty of bad guys before. But these are the Avengers! She also can't give away her identity. She starts walking forward and Y/N presses her back against the elevator doors. "You really think we're going to believe that you're an intern? Stark doesn't hire high schoolers as interns."

Y/N's gut is now screaming at her to fight back but she ignores it. "Y/N, you are showing signs of distress," FRIDAY says from the ceiling, causing both of them to jump. "Should I call Boss?" "No thank you, Fri." Y/N whispers. Nat takes a step back. Y/N steps away from the doors and mumbles, "I'm just gonna leave." She turns around and the doors open to reveal an angry Tony Stark. "Why the hell was I on the phone and got interrupted by FRIDAY telling me that Y/N is in distress?" He steps out but knows the answer as soon as he sees the taser on the door. "Nat! You tried to kill her?" Y/N steps back. And squeezes her eyes tight. "This kid walks in and claims that she's your intern and was about to go down to your lab! What was I supposed to think?" She starts screaming back, not even a bit scared of Tony. "It's true, Tony. You have to warn us!" Steve steps in. "Back off, Spangles! Even if she wasn't an intern, she's just a kid! You shouldn't have shot a taser at her!" Tony spits out. "It's just a taser! She would have been fine!" "Tony is right, Nat." This time it's Bucky. "She could've fallen and bitten off her tongue." "Then why didn't you stop me when I pulled it out?" Nat spins around to face him. "Because you're scary, Nat!" Wanda finally contributes. "Wouldn't a kid biting off her tongue be scarier?" Clint says, unsure of who he is exactly defending. "Who the hell are you trying to defend, Clint?" Sam asks angrily. "Guys, calm down." Rhodey tries. The room erupts into shouting.
"I was trying to save your ass, Tony!" Nat screams. "Well, that doesn't mean that I'm not mad for you trying to stun my kid!" The room is in too much chaos to realize that Tony said my kid. "We didn't know, Tony!" Steve says from the side. "You know what, Capsicle? Just this second I got happy imagining what would happen if you didn't freeze and ended up dying!" That set off Bucky. He lifts his metal arm and prepares to take a swing to defend his friend when FRIDAY interrupts. "Sir, it seems that Y/N is having an anxiety attack." The room goes quiet and looks over in the kitchen to see Y/ Nsitting on the floor against the wall with her hands covering her ears, her eyes shut tight, and tears streaming down her face. Tony runs over and kneels down in front of the kid. "Hey, kid?" Her vibrational feeling goes off, being all thrown off from the sensory overload, and she starts trying to punch Tiny with her eyes closed. "Shhh, it's okay. It's just me." Y/N opens her eyes but quickly shuts them. "FRIDAY, lower the lights to 30%," Tony demands quietly. The lights dim and Y/N fully opens her eyes. Tony nearly melts at the look of fear in those big, E/C, puppy-dog eyes. "Tony?" Y/N whispers. "Ya. I'm right here, Tesero." Y/N takes her hands off of her ears but quickly covers them. "What do you hear, Y/N?" "Maximoff is crying. Wilson is breathing really loudly. Pepper is on the phone." Tony squeezes his eyes shut. Pepper is two floors above them. "I'll be right back, Tidal. Okay?" Y/N slowly nods and Tony tiptoes over to the others and whispers, "Don't move. It makes too much vibrations. I'll be right back." Steve raises his eyes but nods. Once Tony leaves the room Steve looks at the others with a face that showed what they were all thinking. How would the teen feel them walking?

After a couple of minutes, Tony comes back with noise-cancelling headphones and gloves. He sits down in front of Y/N and the girl raises her head. She's no longer crying and she puts on the headphones and gloves. A smile slowly spreads across her face. "Alright, let's get you into your room. Okay?" Y/N nods and takes Tony's hand that pulls her up but her face turns bright red once she sees the Avengers. Tony notices and quickly users her away.