Where it Started

A young girl sat quietly in a soft rattan chair overlooking a small pond. Iridescent blue scales shimmered brilliantly in the sun while her completely gold eyes watched the pond. Bright red antler-like horns protruded out from the top of her forehead just before her lavender hairline. Large finned ears would twitch at every sound around her and would droop and perk with her emotions.

The atmosphere was tranquil around the pond, although a tense silence surrounded the girl. She watched the pond pensively. Her father was supposed to come back soon. He went to go for a swim and bring her some pearls. Unfortunately, that was hours ago in the early dawn. Now it was the middle of the day. Her skin was getting itchy, and her scales had started to dry out. However, she refused to leave her spot. She wanted to greet her father happily when he finally returned.

More hours had passed, fear had filled her being, and tears started to fall. The sun was starting to set and he had yet to return. There was only one thing she could do. She hopped off the chair, only to trip from the weight of a long, thickly muscled dolphin tail. More tears fell from her eyes as she slowly got up and held her tail close to her. She made her way to the closet to get a coat before running out.

She had to find a hero agency so they could help her! That's what heroes do! There had to be an agency nearby.

The young girl walked for what felt like hours. Her feet were blistered and bleeding from walking barefoot on the pavement and some glass. She tried to ignore that as a tall building came into view, making her pick up the pace. Once she made it into the agency, her feet were oozing blue blood. They left a small trail behind her as she made her way to the receptionist's desk.

Unfortunately, she was too small to see the top of the desk, but luckily her horns made up for her small size. The receptionist took notice of the bright red horns poking up from the other side. He leaned forward peering over and seeing a small blue-skinned girl. Normally the man wouldn't be overly surprised that a child came into an agency, mostly in the hopes of seeing their favourite hero. However, the state of this particular child sent him into emergency mode.

The man quickly hit the emergency button on under his desk, before coming around to see if the child was alright. He gently picked her up, bringing her to a private lounge where sidekicks started to gather from his emergency button. He set her on the table, smiling at her and giving soothing words. Some of the sidekicks rushed out, one had gone for a first aid kit, a second to get their boss, and a third to contact the police.

The first intern returned relatively quickly with not only a first aid kit but with a tube of cream for her scales and skin. It wasn't long after the first intern returned that the second came back followed by two pro heroes, their boss Wirebrand and Endeavor.

Wirebrand was the 4th rank hero known as the Geisha Hero. She was a tall, voluptuous woman who wore her white hair up in a maiko hairstyle with elaborate dangling kanzashi. Known for wearing a low, off shoulder kimonos that her chest seemed to never fall out of. Her face was neutral, only widening in surprise at just who was requiring their help that her interns came to get her and her guest.

Endeavor lost his usual stern and angry look when he caught sight of the girl. He couldn't tell if she locked eyes with him until she called to him and Wirebrand.

"Please help! My dad hasn't come home!"

She cried out to the two pro heroes, large tears falling from her eyes. One of the interns rubbed the girls back as another finished plucking the glass from her feet and wrapped them up in bandages. The child had started hiccuping from her crying and concern for her father, hoping one of them could do something to help her.

Wirebrand stepped forward and took the scale ointment from an intern and started to rub it on the girl's arm. Smiling at the distraught child, she slowly soothed the girl.