chapter one - finding the girl in the green and grey dress.

p.o.v - jonathan.

It was 6:30 pm. I had just woken up from my casual day nap. I had set a timer on my alarm clock to 6:30. there was a masquerade ball today. my best friend, amy miller begged me to go. so being the nice best friend I am, I told her I would go. I stood up and walked downstairs. I had a small snack of which was a bowl of Cheerios and some toast. shut up I'm a sucker for breakfast food. anyways, after that I took a quick 10-15 minute shower. I walked out and got changed into my grey suit with a dark green tie. not to bad for colors I was assigned. not bad at all principle wills. I slicked my hair back to look 'extra' fancy. I grabbed my mask that took me a billion years to find and tried it on. fit like a glove.

I set my mask down on my nightstand. a couple minutes later amy had arrived. her father was here to drop us off. the dance didn't start until around 8:30. it was 7:34. that gave us plenty of time to get to the school and say hi to some friends and teachers. the rules were, if you spot your date before the dance. don't go near them. but you could tell your friends. which I liked indeed. thank the gods none of my friends were my mystery girl.

when the clock struck 8:30 pm. everyone scattered inside. the music guy immediately started playing music as everyone cheered,looked for their girl and guys,and talked and talked and talked while drinking 'juice'. the person responsible for the juice just so happened to be the player of the school who was extremely good at lying. didn't like him very much but we were acquaintances.

I scanned my eyes around the room threw my grey and green mask. until I spotted practically an angel on earth with a drink being held by her hand which had grey silky gloves on them. the girl had beautiful hair,perfect eyes,she was just amazing. I couldn't believe it. this beautiful girl was my partner! the girl looked like she was scanning her eyes around the room as well, possibly looking for me. I just stared at her. before I knew it. we made direct eye contact. my heart stopped. it was like love at first sight..

words- 413