chapter two - let the festivities begin

p.o.v - y/n

I look around the room hoping to find my partner as I do so. I seen my best friend allison brown with her partner, some other people, and my brother leonardo with some girl. then I spotted him. a handsome boy, with light brown hair, and what I assume are blue eyes. I smiled softly as I wave at my mystery boy. was this what love felt like? was this..love at first sight?

I blushed bright red through my green mask that had silver gems on it as my partner walked over to me. good god I nearly fainted right then and there. he made it to me and he then smiled and softly said, "hello! i'm jo-" he caught himself before he just exposed who he was "oops. can't say my name. but you're my partner!" he grabbed my hand and bent down and kissed it over my silver and green silk gloves. get yourself a gentleman ladies. I eventually got the courage to say something and said, "hello to you too! it's lovely to meet you sir." I said not knowing what else to say.

Some fancy music started to play and everyone and their partners started to dance, the mystery boy took my hand and smirked a bit "shall we?" he spoke. "we shall." I admitted. jon took me to the dance floor with everyone else and started dancing with me like everyone else. this moment felt amazing. with him. my mystery lover! god I can't wait until midnight to see what handsome snack- I meant..GUY, is under that mask.

words- 270 (not counting authors note)

authors note: hi it's maddy here! so so so sorry for posting this chapter so late I just got caught up with school and my grandfather passing so it's been a little rough. but, i'm back now and i'll try to post chapter three tomorrow! bye loves! ♡︎