Chapter Thirteen

Before you could finish your thought, Iwaizumi grabbed you by the shoulders and placed his forehead on yours. No, not in a gentle, romantic way...he hit your forehead with his own with some force, it was a headbutt. You let out a pained yelp and stared back at him in anger. "Iwa-kuuuun! What the he-"

"[Y/n]-chan," he began as he pulled you into a hug. He knew it wasn't exactly like him to do so, but his gut feeling told him that his actions were the right way to handle the situation. Willing himself to speak more, he continued talking. "I'm here for you, okay? You can always talk to me, or even Crappykawa if you need to. But...if I'm being honest, I'd rather you talk to me."

The rest of the team looked at the two of you, wondering what the hell was going on. Certain members of the team even looked quite offended or even angry to see Iwaizumi being closer to you than he needed to be. Despite the weird looks you two were getting, both parties in question were too lost in their own little world to notice.

"Hajime-kun..." You mumbled into his chest, instantly regretting what you let slip out.

He pushed you away for a second and held you at arms length, giving you an inquisitive look. "What did you just call me?" Iwaizumi acted like he honestly didn't know, but that was a totally bogus act. He knew. And for some unknown reason, he loved it. It may have been muffled, but the way that his given name fell out or your mouth was perfect. He wanted to hear it again, and again, and again, and again.

"N-nothing different! I just said Iwa-kun, like usual."

[Y/n], you damn liar. Both you and Iwaizumi thought simultaneously.

"Tch, whatever." Iwaizumi was a little annoyed that you wouldn't fess up, so he shot you a soft glare and lightly jogged back to the court. (ah yes, a 'soft glare')

Karasuno's silver-haired setter, who Oikawa and yourself had agreed to call Mr. Refreshing or Mr. Pleasant in your coded conversations, didn't last too long in the second set. Your team had cracked the code and read his foreseeable attacks.

It was only now when you realized that he was who Tobio had replaced him as a regular setter. While you were happy for Tobio, you also felt bad for Sugawara because it was his last year of high school and he should've been setter due to his seniority.

When Tobio came back onto the court you watched as he tried to...smile?

AHHHHH IT'S SO CREEPY THE HELL'S HE DOING?! NO, NOPE. I have to remember that right now, I can't be cheering for the opponent, even if it IS Tobio. What can I use to snap myself out of it? Ummm-

"YO. Snap out of it! We need you to pay attention to us! If you can't do that, then...then just pay attention to..." The olive-tan skinned boy trailed off before muttering something that only his own mouth could hear. "...me." He turned away as he felt shades of pink crawling slowly up his cheeks. Iwaizumi didn't exactly know why he said what he said. No, he knew why. His feelings were speaking for him. He hated himself for that, he just had to go and like the girl who couldn't like him back. Someone came over to check on Iwaizumi, insisting that he looked a little feverish, but Iwaizumi denied it and blamed it on exhaustion from playing, despite the fact that the second set had barely just started.

"Eh? What was that Iwa-kun? You trailed off at the end of your sentence." Watching as he huffed, the referee blew the whistle and the second set resumed. You watched as Iwaizumi received, blocked, and spiked. He was just so beautiful, even more so when he smiled. You honestly could not believe how realizing he was your soulmate affected you so much.