Chapter Twelve

~~Gwaine's POV~~

"Good morning princess. Nice of you to join us."

I watch as Arthur slowly begins to wake up.

"Where's Merlin?"

Oh, he's not going to like this answer.

"We, uh, don't exactly know where he is."

"What?"

That seemed to wake him up. Arthur jumps straight up and takes out his sword.

"What do you mean Gwaine, that you don't know where he is?"

Yeah, he does not seem happy.

"Well, princess, when we all woke up, we searched around for Morgana's tracks and we found nothing. So, we just decided to wait until you woke up to continue searching for him. And can I say, I've never seen anybody sleep for so-"

"Damn it!"

Arthur throws his sword into the ground and begins pacing.

If Arthur wakes up like this every morning, I now understand why Merls hates his job.

"Sire, maybe you should-"

"Leon, now is not the time!"

Leon's mouth closes faster then I can say mead.

Geez, I know Arthur is upset but that doesn't mean he has to take it out on us. What a prat.

Oh, Merlin would be so proud on my choice of words.

Arthur continues pacing until he stops suddenly. He picks up his sword and threateningly points it at each of us.

"Who knew?"

Elyan decides to be the brave one and responds. Good for him.

"Who knew what sire?"

"Who knew of Merlin's magic?"

Oh. He's still a little testy about that.

Not thinking anybody would answer, I go to take a step forwards, until I hear somebody cough next to me.

Is that-

"Percival? You knew?"

"Yes, sire. I found out last night when I took Merlin to collect firewood."

"And you didn't say anything?!?"

"Well, I didn't know how'd you react, knowing your stand on magic, sire. And Merlin is a good fellow. I know he would never do anything, nor is he capable of, trying to purposely hurt you or any of us."

Wow, that's the most I think I've ever heard him ever say.

"Percival, you know how I feel about magic because of the evils it-"

Okay, I can't listen to another word of this.

"Don't mind me interrupting princess, but Percival does have a point. When have you ever seen Merlin enjoy hurting people? Hell, he doesn't even like hunting because of 'killing innocent animals.' Can you honestly say that Merlin is somebody evil? And Percival wasn't the only one who kept something from you?"

"You knew of Merlin's magic?"

"Well, I guessed. Merlin ends up perfectly fine with every battle we go into with no swords or armor to protect himself. Also, don't you think it's a little suspicious of how many random branches fall during our fights?"

Arthur opens his mouth like he's going to argue, but then closes it.

"Now that you've calmed down, would you stop pointing that sword at us all?"