"In Your Left Pocket, Silly."

¶chapter three¶

¶chapter three¶

°in your left pocket, silly°

___

"Southern Comfort and a Coke." Mad Sweeney told the bartender as she seated herself at the bar, stripping her jean jacket off herself and draping it on the stool.

Her drink was placed before her, without a word and she took a big gulp of it, before looking around the establishment. It was small and quiet. A few people were seated on boots and tables, but it was mostly empty. Sweeney liked the old feel the place had.

Pulling out her pack of cigarettes, she was about to light one up when the bartender placed a delicate hand on the lighter.

"You can't smoke in here." Sweeney slowly looked up from the bartender's hand and towards her face, blond curls framing it. She looked down a little in search of a name tag.

"Camille." Sweeney rolled the name out, a grimace on her face. "Who says so?"

The bartender didn't say anything as she retreated her hand away from the lighter and only smiled tightly at Sweeney.

With a roll of her eyes, the pack of Lucky Strikes and her blue lighter were put back in the pockets of her jean jacket and Mad Sweeney took a big gulp from her beverage.

"Keep them coming," Sweeney told the bartender, who only smiled in understanding before leaving her alone to tend to the other customers.

___

"Take the body to the coroner, Diego. Let's see what he could tell us." Marcel instructed his vampire as he looked for the last time at the beheaded body.

"Where are you going?" Diego asked as he pulled the body bag over his shoulder.

Marcel looked at him for a moment, before sighing and moving his eyes to stare at Klaus. "We are gonna go look for Sweeney."

"Mad Sweeney?" Diego asked incredulously, bringing the attention of Klaus Mikaelson to himself. "She is in town?"

"Yes, and I lost her." Marcel pursed his lips, before waving off Diego to leave.

___

"Your friend's name is Mad Sweeney?" Klaus asked with a curious look in his blue eyes, as he and Marcel walked down the street looking for the blond.

"Yes. No. I don't know. That's what she told me to use as a name." Marcel said as he ran a hand across his face in the thought of where Sweeney might be.

"And where are we going to look for your mad friend? She could be anywhere in the bloody city."

"Don't be so sure. If I know Sweeney just a little bit, I know she will be in the closest bar already." Marcel said with a smirk, as the two of them walked down the street.

"Rousseau's."

___

Mad Sweeney's eyes were focused on the gold coin she held tightly between her fingers. She traced some of the lines on the coin, her focus breaking as two chairs were pulled on either side of her, Marcel and Klaus seating themselves.

"Can I help you with something, Marcel?" Sweeney asked as she played with her coin, making it appear from one hand to the other.

"You can help by stop disappearing on me." Three sets of eyes were following Sweeney's movements as the coin jumped around, spinning on her palm.

"I'm not a child," Sweeney muttered, turning her eyes to Marcel, glaring at him as the coin cluttered on the bar.

"I see you like coin tricks," Klaus spoke up, breaking the staring contest she and Marcel had.

Sweeney turned her head to him, grabbing her coin and putting it in her jeans pocket while smiling sweetly at him.

"Don't encourage her," Marcel muttered, before groaning, Sweeney's elbow in his stomach.

"I do. Know some?" Sweeney asked the hybrid as she took a sip of her drink, her blue eyes never leaving his.

"In all my years of living, I picked up some things, but coin tricks didn't stick for long," Klaus replied truthfully, as he smirked at the woman. "I didn't catch your name, love."

"I never told you what it is. But I'm sure you heard. Marcel surely told some of his pets that Mad Sweeney is in town again." Sweeney laughed as she saw the look Marcel send her way, filled with dissatisfaction.

"Mad Sweeney? That's your name?" Klaus pressed as he scooted closer to the blond woman, who traced his face with her eyes, careful, observing him.

"I know a lot of coin tricks, for example," Sweeney said, changing the subject all of a sudden as she smirked, her split lip stinging a little at the movement.

At the raised eyebrows Klaus send her way, she lifted her left hand lazily, placing her elbow to rest on the bar. With a flick of her wrist, another gold coin, different from the one she was playing with earlier, appeared between her fingers, Klaus's eyes focusing on it.

Sweeney threw the coin on the bar, before moving closer to Klaus, their foreheads almost touching, but the original hybrid didn't make a move to stop whatever she was about to do.

Sweeney placed her hand on the side of his face, her fingers gingerly touching his blond curls, as she flicked her wrist again. Pulling back, not one of them breaking their eye contact or blinking, she showed him another coin, that was placed in her palm.

With a smirk she flicked the coin in the air, Klaus's eyes following the gold, before it disappeared in the air, the coin never falling back.

He turned his eyes towards Sweeney who has turned towards the bar again, sipping on her beverage.

"Where did it go?" Klaus asked as she looked at the woman, his eyes narrowed, trying to figure her out.

Sweeney turned her head with a raised eyebrow. "In your left pocket, silly." She teased and with a grin watched him rummage through his pockets, before pulling out the same gold coin that disappeared earlier.

"You can keep it. I don't mind."

___

Klaus was seated on the couch in his office inside the Mikaelson Manor, his blue eyes trained on the gold coin, that stood innocently on his palm, taunting him.

He flicked the coin between his fingers, following every movement of his hand as the coin moved from finger to finger.

Throwing it lightly in the air, the gold coin spun a few times, before falling on his awaiting hand, as it should, not disappearing when Sweeney did it.

"Who are you, Mad Sweeney?" Klaus whispered to himself, his finger tracing the coin.

___

Word Count: 1087

New chapter! They are a little short, but I like them that way for this book!

Don't forget to comment, vote, and share! Tell me what you think, I love reading your opinions.

I hope you like Sweeney as much as I do, and don't worry we are gonna see a lot of her.

Stay safe and healthy! Love you! ❤️