chapter eleven: home is where the heart is

Hi, I just wanna start off by saying so so sorry for the late update. Honestly, my mental health wasn't doing the best and I had no motivation to write, but here it is. Tomorrow I'm going on a week-long vacation, so I won't be doing any writing, but the chapter will get out. Again so sorry, but I hope you enjoy this chapter :))))

As always  the song Ricky will write is linked above, listen after you've read the chapter

The sun beats down on Nini's skin, causing her cheeks to feel warm with the heat of the day. It's currently the nicest day of fall Salt Lake City has had for over a month. The sun is bright and beating, cheeks colored with warmth.

Nini tries to focus on the words of her page, she's currently rereading Romeo and Juliet and not for school. She's been in a very romantic mood lately, the fall season adding a nice homey feeling to her senses. Everything is so serene, like a page of a book turning, the simplicity of it all.

The words in front of her seem to have a white glow to them as the sun brightens everything around her, spotting her vision. She closes her eyes to take in the air around her, the way the blanket about her moves under the gust of breeze that blows through.

She places her hand in the grass, the texture runs across her fingers as she slides them through the delicate blades. She breathes in the air around her, a small smile playing at her lips. She hears a gruff foggy voice from beside her rip her from her trance.

"Are you still reading?" she smiles as she hears the voice question her, her makeshift pillow rising with every breath. She sits up to look at the source of her smile at this moment. A sudden breeze causes the familiar gorgeous curls to tangle in the wind, a grin creating small dimples to form on freckle drizzled cheeks.

Nini leans forward, elbows resting upon Ricky's chest, hair tickling his warm cheek. "My eyes hurt."

He grins, playing with the ends of her hair, now leaning forward to sit up. Nini follows his actions going to sit beside him, legs curled underneath her. "Mine too, it's too bright to read."

They set aside their books, cuddling closer to each other as hushed murmurs pass between them. Ricky's talking about what it would be like if they took a trip to Greece (pool days, beaches, sightseeing, museums) Nini grabs his hand, placing it against hers.

His palm stretches higher than hers, fingers towering over her own. Ricky suddenly goes quiet, twisting his hand to intertwine their splayed fingers. She can feel his gaze on her, eyes seeming to focus on every minuscule detail about her. She looks up to meet his honey eyes, soft and warm.

"What are you thinking about?" he asks in a whisper-like murmur, just between them.

"Everything," she grins, looking around at the empty field around them. Nini and Ricky spent most of the school week studying, sneaking off once in a while to steal a kiss, or catch up on everything. It's Saturday now though, and they have the entire day to themselves.

Ricky picked Nini up at their corner at ten o'clock sharp, saying a simple bring a coat and a book. They drove for almost an hour until they reached an empty field, nothing but daisies consuming it. They spread out a blanket along the grass. Fruits and veggies being shared between them. They then proceeded to read the afternoon away, Nini's head resting on Ricky's stomach, the sun sinking on them.

"My bounty is as boundless as the sea, my love as deep; the more I give to thee, the more I have..."

"For both are infinite." Ricky breathes, finishing the sentiment, thumb grazing over Nini's palm. Ricky suddenly disconnects from her, reaching behind him to pick a single daisy from the ground.