three

" Mama, naashta de dein. Mujhe late ho raha hai." Bakhtiyaar called out from the stairs as he ran down hurriedly. He was late for a meeting with his legal team regarding the acquisition of a subsidiary education company.

It has been a week since their Nikaah and he couldn't be happier. They were taking things slow but he was already investing in their future.

This auxiliary company will be under the legal ownership of his wife. He wanted her to have something with her name on it.

He has plans to open up a primary school on their land. He would later apply for a secondary school license as well. His little wife wished to be a teacher!

" Duaa Ammi..." He was stopped mid sentence when he saw all the ladies seated calmly in the lounge, sipping tea and giving him irritated looks.

" Hum retire ho chuke hai. Apni biwi se kahein ye sab." Saying this, the four ladies just went on with their gossip and tea session. He sighed and called out to his wife!

"Qiraat, naashta de dein please." He made a puppy face and went to the dining room. There was his beautiful wife, with a plate ready for him standing next to his chair, with a steaming cup of tea. God he loved her!

" Good morning Meri Jaan!" He lightly kissed her covered hair. They were alone in the room and she was his legally wedded wife! Those are the only two reasons he needed for touching her.

" Tumne kha liya? Rumaisa Khala ne?" He munched on a piece of paratha and took her hand in his. She was seated beside him and just looked at him in pure adoration.

" Jee. Hum sab ne saath hi khaya hai. Aap uthe nahi the toh Mama ne kaha ki.." she trailed off when he entwined their fingers. She was extremely shy with all his public display of affection, but she loved it anyway.

" Mama?" He asked with a teasing glint in his eyes. He was happy she was forgetting her nightmare and gelling well with his family. Everybody adored her as well.

Hania had taken Qiraat under her wings and was teaching her the ropes of being a Hamdaani Bahu! The boys enjoyed having another partner in crime.

She was just a bystander in their shenanigans. She wasn't bold enough to cause any trouble to anyone even in the name of pranks. She was soft hearted like that.

Her school will reopen within a month. He is going to be extra cautious with her this time around. He is personally going to pick up and drop her. There's no room for error with her safety.

He had his breakfast within a few minutes and got up. Qiraat took his suit jacket which was draped over his chair, and helped him wear it. His heart soared at her actions.

He turned around and took her in his arms, giving her a tight hug. " Bye Babe! I'll call you when I'm free. Allah Hafiz!"

Qiraat murmured a response in his chest, not having the courage to look him in the eyes. This man was creating a havoc of emotions in her defenseless heart.

He was deliriously happy with his life. Saying his goodbyes to everyone he rushed to his office. It was time to work harder at being a better human being, a better business man, a great husband and Inshallah an awesome  father in the future.

" Qiraat, ye dekho. Ye dress kaisi lag rahi hai tumhe?" Faiqaasked her. They were sitting in her room and were selecting Qiraat's wedding trousseau online.

" Bohot hi khoobsurat hai Mama. Aapki choice toh Masha Allah hai" she swooned at the Olive coloured embroidered dress.

Faiqa looked at her daughter in law, proud of her choice indeed. " Woh toh hai. Hooron se bhi khoobsurat bahu jo laayi hu main apne bete ke liye" She declared cheekily.