epilogue

" You know how Jupiter's moons are named after his lovers and affairs?" Musa asked out of the blue.

" Yeah" Bakhtiyaar replied.

" Really?" Qiraat mused

" Jupiter Jupiter? You mean apna Jupiter?" Shahveer asked slightly confused.

" Tumhare Phupho ka beta nahi laga hua hai wo. Apna Jupiter!" Bakhtiyaar hit his head playfully.

" Aye! Mere Veer Bhai ko kuch na kehna" Qiraat pinched her husband's waist.

" Kaun Jupiter? Kaisa Jupiter?" Zohaib asked with a hazed mind looking up from his phone.

" School me dhyaan hoga toh yaad rahega na" Behroz snatched his phone and started scrolling down Zohaib's Instagram feed.

" Oh Bhaiiiii! School me toh meri aagey wale seat par Zehra baithti thi. Itni bala ki khoobsurat hai wo, uske saamne padhayi toh zeher hi lagegi na " Zohaib mused in a dreamy voice remembering his school crush.

" Oohhh! Tell me more! Rishta bhijwaye? Chachi se baat karu?" Qiraat couldn't contain her excitement.
The rest followed and grilled him for more details.

Musa sighed in exasperation. It was impossible to have a decent one track conversation with his siblings. They always diverted to stupid topics!

" Enough! Respect your elder brother, he is trying to say something. Hear his information out, warna saara din unhone mera damaagh kha jaana hai."

Hania scolded everyone and couldn't help the jab in the end for Musa's love of the encyclopedias and facts!

" Aah! Na karein" She grumbled when Musa twisted her ear, his position on the couch behind her working to his advantage.

They all were sitting in the lounge barring their parents who had gone to a relative's house for a get together.

Everyone else was sitting on the couch but Hania had moved down after Usaamah.

Her little athlete had started crawling last month and they had a hard time keeping tabs on his movements. One minute he is here and the next? Poof! Gaayab!

" Jee Bhai. Jupiter and his affairs and moons.." Bakhtiyaar urged his brother to continue.

Musa had half a mind of giving up but the childlike curiosity on their faces impelled him to do otherwise. With renewed fervor, he began his celestial talks again.

" So as I was saying that Jupiter's moons are named after his lovers and affairs" He paused to see if he had everyone's attention.

He did.

" So NASA is sending a spacecraft to check up on Jupiter. You know what the craft is called? "

" What?" Zohaib asked. With this buildup, he was actually excited to know more.

" Juno!" Musa said with a big grin, hoping against hope that atleast one of them gets it.
But the little dummies just gave him clueless looks.

" Who's Juno?" Bakhtiyaar scratched his head.

" Juno is his wife! " Musa dropped the bomb. He waited for it to strike them and boy did it land!

" NASA is sending Jupiter's wife to check on Jupiter and his lovers and affairs!" Shahveer got it first followed by the rest.

" Shit!" Zohaib was the last one and it hit him hard. Musa was basing his entire crescendo on this very reaction and he sat back extremely satisfied.

" Shit! " A small voice resounded in the suddenly quiet room.

Zohaib was still reeling from the shockingly funny revelation when he felt eyes boring in his head.