Number Five

Diego carried Em into the gym, her body covered by a coat, he rushed to the back, barging into the boiler room.

"What the hell?" Luther asked, furrowing his brows as Diego hurriedly put Em on the bed, making Five get up.

Once Em was properly placed on the bed Diego turned towards Five in anger, "Piece of shit!" he spat. "Do you have any idea what you did?"

Luther grabbed him before he could get to Five, holding Diego in the air.

"Nope, let me-" Diego complained. "Get your ape hands off of me!" he exclaimed angrily.

"I can do this as long as it takes you to calm down," Luther said calmly.

Diego relaxed his body muttering, "Fine."

Luther let him go, "Now, wanna tell us what you're talking about?"

Diego walked over to the bed and pulled the coat off of Em's face. "This!" he exclaimed motioning to the bullet hole on her forehead.

"Huh, pitty, I liked her." Five said with some disinterest.

"She's coming back you son of a bitch!" Diego barked at Five.

"Wait, what happened?" Luther asked in confusion, pulling Diego's attention back to him.

"Our brother's been pretty busy since he got back," Diego said coldly. "He was in the middle of that shootout at Griddy's, and then at Gimble Brothers, after the guys in masks attacked the Academy, looking for him."

"None of which is any of your concern." Five said seriously.

"It is now," Diego stated. "They just killed Em and my friend."

They stood in silence for a moment, staring at Five.

Suddenly, Em gasped sitting straight up, the bullet from her forehead falling on her lap. Diego ran to her side, pulling a bucket from under the bed and giving it to her, she immediately pulled it to her and the air was filled with the sound of bullets and bile hitting the bottom of the bucket.

"Why do I always have to get shot in the stomach?" Em mumbled in annoyance, she cursed her lazy system for not removing bullets all the way out of her when it can leave them somewhere that will cause it to be expelled naturally.

"Princess," Diego whispered, carefully putting the bucket on the ground and hugging her. "You're ok."

"Yep, just annoyed," Em said honestly, hugging him back.

"What?" Luther asked in utter confusion.

"My power..." Em said slowly, "Includes immortality, that means I can't die or, well, stay dead."

"I'm so sorry," Diego whispered, kissing her forehead tenderly. "I love you."

"I love you too," Em said calmly, her demeanor wasn't as comforting as it usually was, she was being kind of cold towards Diego, but he felt he deserved it.

"So, who the fuck killed me?" Em asked, cleaning the blood off of her with a wet rag Diego gave her.

Luther and Diego stared pointedly at Five, he stayed quiet.

"Who are they, Five?" Luther insisted.

"They work for my former employer." Five explained. "A woman called The Handler. She sent them... to stop me. Then, soon as Diego's friend and Em got in their way, well, fair game."

"And now they're my fair game," Em and Diego said darkly.

"And I'm gonna see to it they pay." he continued.