Could You Pass The Salt?

The girls were seated as they attended their favourite restaurant, sat side by side in a snug little booth tucked away from noise and disruption. They would always come here after a long or stressful day to just relax and talk to one another. It was warm and had a friendly atmosphere to it and was also one of the few places they felt like normal people. Here they weren't Fifth Harmony, just five girls sitting down for dinner. 

On one side it was Normani, Ally and Lauren and on the other was Camila and Dinah. Camila was closest to the wall whilst Lauren was situated down the other end. They could all still see each other, but it frustrated the two girls because they couldn't tell if the other was looking at them or the girl beside them. The waiter walked up to their table and smiled brightly at the five girls having obviously recognized them. 'So what can i get you all?' The girls poured through the menus requesting varying kinds of drinks and starters, Normani and Dinah ordering hot wings was a must and an always.

'Oh my god you guys, do you remember the last time we where here?' Ally said excitedly.

'What you mean the day Mila was feeling especially brave and tried shrimp?' Normani laughed knocking lightly into the older girl. Camila sat blushing and looked over at Lauren to see whether she had noticed her face turning fifty shades of red - and of course she had. The dark haired girl, rested her chin on the palm of her hand without breaking eye contact and winked before noticing Dinah smiling back at her knowingly.

'Wasn't she like calling Lauren out and stepping up or something, she made that whole big speech' Dinah gaped. Ally's mouth widened upon remembering the event.

'Yes! How did it go Mila?' Ally Teased as Camila shriveled up her nose and stuck her tongue out at the shorter girl. Normani and Dinah came to blows trying to remember and scrambling up bits and pieces and arguing over who got to tell it. Lauren sat amused whilst also trying to fill in the blanks of Dinah and Normani's squabble in her head, soon she remembered every detail of that night.

Recount of that day:

Lauren was up to trying another questionable dish, squid or octopus or something like that and everyone sat around her impatiently. She was rarely picky about what she ate, and she more often than not enjoyed the new delicacy that was placed in front of her. Thus to no one's surprise Lauren ate the entire thing like it was her favorite takeout. Camila had seen Lauren do this on many occasions and hated how everyone would mock her about not trying new things. 

She was stubborn and very set in her ways, why try something new when she was content with the palette she already had? But that day they really pushed her over the edge, pressing all the right buttons and hitting each and every last nerve so she rose from her seat and made her way over to Lauren and sat down determinedly in front of her, her eyebrows furrowed. She ordered the shrimp without looking away from Lauren - Octopus was a push to far for her, so she opted for a safer sort of seafood - and waited, the girls asking her repeatedly what she was doing. 

They soon arrived and were placed in front of her, steam rising from the freshly cooked meat. 'Lauren Michelle Jauregui...

Back to reality:

Camila saw that Lauren was deep in thought and she tried to decipher what was flowing through those jungle green eyes she constantly got caught up in. It didn't hit her until Lauren took a sip of her drink and brought the cold glass away from her face that Camila could see the smug grin plastered on her face. 'Don't you dare' Camila mouthed, but despite her objections Lauren stood up.

'Lauren Michelle Jauregui, you may think you're so cool because you eat things that live at the bottom of the ocean, but it's fishy business I tell ya. That squid had a face, and just because it was slightly better looking than you doesn't mean you have to get jealous and devour it, you cannot absorb it's beauty Lauren, i'm sorry but that's the way it is. Fish jokes aside, you wanna see me eat something abnormal, well here you go!' The three girls clapped furiously at Lauren's display while Camila looked at her disapprovingly but not managing to entirely conceal the smile that had crept onto her lips. Lauren sat back down and returned her chin to it's previous position and eyeing Camila complacently.

i have no idea why i remember every detail of that night, i guess it was just funny and the look on Camila's face when she said it with such confidence was hilarious to say the least. But i suppose it's because she actually stepped out of her shell, she tried something new indirectly because of me, and low and behold she likes shrimp now... sorta. It felt like an achievement i guess, a memory worthy of remembering. I was really proud of her that day, i wanted to wrap her up in my arms and try and tempt her with other things... Food type things! That went in a completely other direction. As per usual...

'No but after' Normani chortled, slapping Dinah lightly on the arm across from her in fits of laughter to which she soon joined in. Camila shook her head hoping to move on from the topic all together, even though she knew that was unlikely, they lived to tease her.

'Yeah, yeah, yeah, i accidentally ate one too many and spent the rest of that evening bent over a toilet seat puking my guts out' She said with a hint of annoyance in her tone. 'You're supposed to feel sorry for me, not laugh at me' she joked.

'Ah we're sorry Mila' Ally apologized lightly, leaning over and tapping her soothingly on the shoulder.

'I'm sorry Mila but you have to admit it was hilarious, that whole evening was a roller coaster, you had the whole experience' Normani bellowed, Dinah catching onto her joke fell to pieces along with her clutching her chest. Camila rose from her seat and climbed past Dinah out of the booth.

'Chancho, no we're sorry... come back' Dinah gasped, as she tried to catch her breath.

'I'm going to the bathroom, I have to pee!' Camila replied, a little louder than she'd wished as people from neighboring tables started looking at her funnily. Lauren watched her leave for a moment, before wandering off after her, seemingly un noticed by the other girls. Camila pushed into the empty bathroom and walked off into the stall.

Of course she'd remember it, that little - eurgh, adorable, green eyed angel. Seriously!... anyway...

Lauren edged into the bathroom, and walked slightly into the room so as not to obstruct the entrance. Noticing the one occupied stall, she lent against the wall patiently.