Chapter Thirteen: How about No?

Clarke, Wendell and Hannah left briefly, Clarke helping her down to get car. That left Sweets with Daisy.

"It's soo-"
"Why are you here, Daisy? You're not exactly welcomed among most people." He watched her as she rubbed her stomach, an exasperated expression on her face.

"Well Dr Brennan has given me a second chance, why can't you?"
"Because I'm a salty bitch?" Sweets suggested, something that Isabelle had once said when they were watching a Stargate episode. He almost laughed at the memory.

"Why is he doing that? How many times does he have to die?" Sweets had asked as Isabelle watched the show with such an intense focus that it was a wonder she had heard him.

"I dunno aye, it's like he attracts it." She said, shovelling popcorn into her mouth as she watched the scene playing out.

"He's a danger magnet."
"He sure as hell is. But to be fair, if I were a character in Stargate, I would be deadder than a fried fish." Sweets gave her a questioning look. "What? It's true. I'd be dead faster than you can say 'I'll have the Whopper meal, thanks."
"Why?"
"Because I'm a salty bitch."

"I mean, you can be but come-on, Lancelot. It was always you and me, against the world. I'm here because I love you." She whined. Sweets sighed.

"That was until you tried to break up the best couple to exist." He said accusingly. "And I'm sorry about that. Clearly it didn't work because she's pregnant."
"And so are you." Sweets pointed out. Daisy sighed..

"And that's something I am here about. I want to have this baby with you, Lancelot." Sweets looked at her like she was crazy. Heck, she was crazy.

"No."
"Why?" She sat rimrod straight.

"You're so stubborn. I was what was best for you."
"I thought you were. But I was wrong. You need to go back to whomever is your baby daddy, Daisy. I'm not going to step into a place that has been filled... Don't look at me like that, Daisy Wick. I know you're still with whoever it is." He pointed to the ring she had tried to unsuccessfully hide on her finger. "So listen to this, okay? How about no."

Before she could respond, Wendell and Clarke came back in.

"Right, who wants some grub? I'm super keen for pizza."
"Oh I am down as long as it's the good pizza. Not that crappy stuff you always rave about." Clarke stated. Always the refined one. Wendell rolled his eyes.

"I'm down. We can watch a movie or something." Sweets motioned to the TV. "I just need to take my pills otherwise Isabelle will kill me and you'll be attending my funeral by Friday." Daisy rolled her eyes and got to her feet.

"I'm going home." She declared, pulling her phone it of her pocket as she started calling for a taxi. "And I'll get a taxi. There is no point in me being here anymore." The three men watched as she stormed out without so much as a goodbye.

"She try to get you back?" Wendell asked as he was calling the pizza place. Sweets nodded. "You said no, right? Because man she's been nagging on and on about getting her here." Clarke had grabbed the TV remote.

"Good thing is, you turned her down and sent her home. She just wanted to get back with you, break up with what's his face and be secure. She doesn't like seeing you injured and being there to baby you." Clarke stated as he flicked through the channels.

Sweets sighed. Daisy was one person he didn't need in his life. Her drama, chaos a.d persistent intrusion into everyone else's lives was a pain.

"Isabelle seems nice." Wendell said as soon as he had ordered the pizza. Sweets smiled, thankful for the change in brain pathways. He nodded.