Chapter Eighteen: Munroe

TW: MENTIONS OF RAPE AND DRUGGING
Please, if you or someone you know has been affected by it, and it triggers you, don't read it. It doesn't go into detail but this chapter is significantly heavy on Isabelle and how she handles it (which she handles better than some). My deepest apologies to anyone who has been violated like this. It's horrible and men and women who who do this to others are horrible people.

I love you all.

Bree

Violated.
That's all she felt. Besides the pain. Her lungs burned from the lack of oxygen because her breaths were shallow, not filling her lungs.

He had done this. He had said he'd get her back and he did. Getting her fired wasn't enough because he wanted to exact his revenge on her himself. For turning him down and tuning him out.

Isabelle lay curled in a ball on the ground. She didn't know where she was and at that point and didn't care. But she was cold and her brain felt like it was stuffed with cotton wool.

She had laid there for half an hour before her memory had fully come back to her and that was when she knew she had been violated. Hurt. Brought to an unjust court by a man who acted as judge, jury and executioner. He'd hurt her again and she could feel in her foggy brain that it was what he wanted.
What he wanted her to deserve.

Maybe she did deserve it.

Feeling came back into the lower half of her body and she could feel rain splashing down on her bare legs.

Pain. The rain didn't wash away what she was feeling because the pain wasn't just external, it was internal. In her heart, brain, limbs.... Everything hurt.

Isabelle pushed herself up and could see that her dress had been pushed up to her waist, her underwear down by her ankles. She wanted to cry. Or was she crying? Maybe she was. The rain made it hard to tell.

"Isabelle?!" Wendell's voice called into the night. Mel's echoed his voice, desperation laced with their words. Mabel was searching through the building for any signs of Isabelle but no one could find her.

It was starting to rain now and rain hard. And it was getting harder to see but Wendell wasn't giving up. He needed to find her.

"ISABELLE?!" He yelled again, his voice getting hoarse. He was at the edge of the park now, across the road from the premises, his torch flashing in the dark. Where was she?

There was a roll of thunder and as it came to an end, he could hear Mel yelling his name somewhere to his right. He turned her torch and started running in her direction, getting soaked as the rain started to pour harder. His heart was hammering in his chest.

"MEL?"
"WENDELL?" She was close now. He ran his torch over once more and he spotted her. Pasty white skin and red hair sticking out like a beautiful sore thumb. And Mel was crouched beside her, gently helping her to do something.

Mel looked up and saw Wendell slow to a stop. She was crying as well, from relief but it had quickly turned to anger. Isabelle sat on the wet grass as she helped her pull her dress down but Mel could see her best friend was numb.

"Is she..."
"We need to get her inside. Now."
"We need to get her to a hospital." Mel nodded as Wendell slowly approached. Isabelle blinked a couple of times and looked up at Wendell in the strange way she had also looked at Mel. It was like she was waking up from a nap but... There was something off about it.