Chapter 4: The VKs Meet the AKs in Auradon

Surprisingly, the leather seats had been quite comfortable for the VKs. Genevieve gaped at the vast array of sweet treats in front of her, and an odd feeling rose up in her. Auradonians get to eat this sugary stuff? she asked herself, hesitating as she fixed her attention on blue rocks on a plastic, white stick. "Should we try any of this, guys, or do you think it might be poisoned?" Genevieve inquired of Hubert and Hazel, who had been lost in their thoughts.

"Hmm?" Hubert raised his head, rubbing his temple. "Sorry, I just have a headache from the glaring sun."

"Amazingly, sunlight is also constantly reported as a trigger for migraines-so you are not alone if it causes a headache for you. In fact, as many as 67% of people with migraines cite bright light, sunlight included, as a trigger, according to a recent survey," stated Hazel, recalling an old newspaper article about sunlight causing headaches. "Sorry, I did it again, didn't I?"

"Haze, having a photographic memory isn't bad at all. Having a photographic memory is wonderful!" Genevieve exclaimed. "Or, should I say, wonderlandiful?" She smirked playfully at Hubert, who sent her a dirty look.

"Stop it," hissed Hubert, chuckling soon afterward.

"Gemma, Hubert, we're approaching the barrier!" Hazel cried out, alarmed. "It's a trap!"

Genevieve shrieked a little, ducking her head so she wouldn't see their demise. Hubert protected the girls, wrapping his arms around them. Hazel shrunk down into a tiny ball, whimpering like a lost puppy. But they never crashed into the water because a magnificent bridge appeared underneath the limousine's wheels. The barrier opened for a few minutes to let the vehicle pass before it closed again, locking the villains inside once more.

"Is it magic?" Hubert asked, looking out at the ocean separating Auradon and the Isle of the Lost. His eyes welled up with tears, he was in awe at how blue the ocean was. "This is ... beautiful," he whispered, placing a hand on the window.

"Must be magic." Hazel found a remote, clicking a random button. The button opened the screen separating the teens and the driver. "Did this button open up the magic barrier?"

"No, this one opens up the barrier." He indicated a button on the visor. "That one opens my garage. And this one ..." The driver pressed a third button, closing the screen.

Hazel leaned back into her seat. "Why is he so nasty?"

Hubert and Genevieve shrugged their shoulders.

"I propose that we abhor him," stated Hazel. "All in favor, say 'aye'?"

"Aye," agreed Hubert.

"Aye," concurred Genevieve.

"Aye." Hazel giggled, making the other two laugh.

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

As the brightness of the sun beat down on the greeting committee, perspiration slid down Charity's back and face. She had chosen to wear a light lavender blouse that hung loosely on her slim frame; purple-and-black jeans that were a bit tight around her legs; deep violet boots with a 4.5-inch heel; and a plain, black jacket to cover up the scars scattered across her arms. The wounds had been the handiwork of Luna Charming, the eldest child of Princess Audrey Rose and Prince Chad Charming. Luna believed she staked a claim on Charity simply because Mal and Audrey were enemies. Luna's partner in crime was her twin brother, Chad Junior. The twins had been careful to not strike Charity across the face as much as they had in the past because the professors would start asking questions, which would bring heat on Audrey and Chad's family name. Elisa Frost, the daughter of Elsa, constantly prompted Charity to send Luna, Chad Junior, and their parents to the Isle of the Lost, but her efforts proved to be in vain; Charity didn't have any self-confidence to tell someone.

Alex Bjorgman stood beside Charity, having an antsy feeling inside him. He needed to be doing something instead of just standing here, waiting for the royal limo. He resisted the urge to pick at a recent mark on his wrist, but settled with sliding his sleeve up to apply ice to a recent mark. If you decide to attend ice therapy or moist heat application to heal wounds, ice or heat can make the scar tissue more pliable and become more flexible, which allows you to move more freely. As Alex fixed his sleeve, the limousine arrived and parked in front of the greeting committee.

"Hubert, I swear on Maleficent's horns!" the group heard as the passenger door opened. "Stop messing with my cloak! This is my mother's, and if you rip it, you fix it!"

Charity ogled as Hubert Pinkerton and Genevieve Gothel fell out of the limo, caught in a wrestling match.

"Didn't your mother take that cloak from the Bargain Castle after Mal took Maleficent down? Since Maleficent was no longer on the Isle, no one was afraid anymore." Hubert attempted to unclasp the cloak, which caused Genevieve to wrap it around her shoulders protectively.

"Come on, you two, can't we go one day with a wrestling match? We weren't even on stable ground, yet you two began this play-fight." Hazel Westergaard stepped out of the limousine, tucking loose strands of hair behind her right ear.

Charity's cheeks flushed as she gasped, hiding her face beneath a curtain of lilac locks. Hazel had been breathtaking, perhaps even more so than in her photo. Hades, photos didn't do this girl justice! Hazel's platinum-blonde hair reflected the sun's rays, yet the auburn-red and teal-blue streaks made her look unique. The outfit she picked out had been a navy blue dress that reached down to her knees; 4.5-inch, black heels with shoelaces; a gold bracelet around her left wrist; a faded, pink scarf; and a ink black coat with gold buttons. Her hair had been tied back into two French braids that ended at her knees as well as the hem of the dress. Oh, shit, I just fell in love with someone I just met, thought Charity, suddenly worrying about whether or not Hazel was similar to Hans.

Queen Anna's story had served as a cautionary tale for those who had never been shown affection and were desperate for any sort of attention, even if it was negative in the long run. She'd learned her lesson the hard way, which wouldn't have happened if she'd gotten to know Hans better. I should get to know Hazel better before I make any major decisions, Charity told herself as Hazel locked eyes with the princess. Nope, my resolve is quickly crumbling into the sea. No, no, I can be her friend for starters. She approached the VKs, clearing her throat.

"You two have an audience," chuckled Hazel, carefully nudging Hubert and Genevieve.

The aforementioned teens scrambled to get back to their feet, falling flat onto their faces. Hazel visibly struggled to keep her composure, but she kept breaking out into contagious giggles. Her smile caused Charity to beam and begin to laugh; even Alex melted around the edges and sniggered. Elisa hadn't relaxed, she didn't even grin. Genevieve carefully shoved Hubert off of her, standing up, brushing off her outfit.

Genevieve had worn a deep red dress that went past her kneecaps with a red belt; light beige 2-inch heels with leather straps; gold bracelets on her right wrist; a mood ring with a gold band; sun-shaped earrings; and apple-red nails. Her cloak had been made out of a midnight-black fabric. Genevieve's hair was a deep black and reached down to her shoulders. Charity couldn't believe that Genevieve was Gil LeGume and Ginny Gothel's daughter. Elisa, on the other hand, turned a pale pink, simply staring at Genevieve like she had never seen anyone quite like her before in the world.

Hubert got up next, ruffling up his hair. He'd settled for a red-and-black flannel shirt; a black T-shirt; black ripped jeans; and red sneakers with white accents. He'd placed a black watch with red on the inside of the band on his left wrist, but Alex noticed the way Hubert switched the accessory to his right wrist. Maybe he's ambidextrous? Alex wondered, his tawny brown eyes meeting Hubert's sea green eyes. Crap, I'm feeling some sort of attraction. Mama's story, I have to remember Mama's story. Alex turned away, causing Hubert to look away as well.

"Well, shall we get started with the tour?" Charity asked the group.

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

Hey, guys, gals, non-binary pals. I hope you're all feeling okay; if not, my private messages are open to those who want to talk. Anyway, if you enjoyed this chapter, let me know in the comments.