CHAPTER 9

JOSEPHINE

I do not get why these things keep happening to me! I mean, the one time I get locked out of my own house, is the exact same time Timothy had to find me like that! But I guess hanging out with the others with Chinese take-out isn't that bad, so I agreed to go to his place.

Or, you really want to be with him and actually hear him out.

But of course, my subconscious doesn't back me up here, those are once in a blue moon situations. We are currently eating the food and watching Avengers: End Game. God, iron-man does not deserve to die! I will the tears in my eyes to flow as the scene comes up and my heart clenches inside my chest. That's right, I always cry in movies. From End Game to Five Feet Apart, I cry in most movies and that's the reason I don't watch them too often or when there is a crowd around.

"Why did he have to die?" Victoria sobs into my shoulder.

"It's alright." I say as I pat her head. She is such a kid at heart, a true three year old. It's cute though.

"Guys, stop crying like kids." Tim says and laughs at the rest of us, even though I can spot a little wetness near the edges of his eyes in the dark, especially since I was forced to sit next to him, that is, he forcefully came and sat next to me on the couch.

"Just because you have the emotional range of a teaspoon doesn't mean everyone does." I glare at the screen as I say it.

"Stop quoting Hermione."

"Stop being a dick."

"Alright, you two are coming with me." Caleb says as he grabs both our arms, even after our protests, and takes up to the room I once spent the night in. He leaves our arms as we step into Timothy's room.

"As long as you don't sort your stuff out, no one is getting out of this room." He concurs and shuts the door behind him.

"Oh this is just great." I huff in defeat as I lay down on his bed and look up at the ceiling to find those galaxy stickers – a collection on stars, moons and planets – stuck across the whole ceiling. I remember my old room at New York having these on the ceiling as well. I used to love falling asleep looking at them.

"Well, it kinda is." He says as he lies down next to me but still at a good distance.

"Well, let's...talk."

"Alright, I'll start. I am really, really, sorry about what all I said and what I had once planned on doing."

"Oh, you're sorry, that makes the heartache so much better." I reply in a monotonous way.

"Josie – Josephine, please put away your sarcastic remarks for a few minutes. I am serious. Hear me out, okay?"

"Okay." I say and go silent, deciding that he probably should at least get a chance to explain himself.