VI

what else do i need besides pride?

I had grabbed Midnight by her ankle and tossed her into the air. I pulled tape out of Sero's elbows for future use as Midnight tried to use her whip to grab me. I rolled in the opposite direction and I heard her click her tongue. "You're not going to win if your avoiding me!" Midnight shouted through the mist.

I could capture Midnight and be done with it. I run towards her, wrapping the tape around one of my arms. Midnight's whip wrapped around my arm. It wouldn't budge as I tried to pull on it. Midnight was slowly dragging me closer and closer towards her. I smirked against the mask, using the other arm to release the tape. I latched it onto her free hand. I used a second strand of tape to her a hold of her other arm. The two of us were in a stalemate as we had each other's arms hooked and caught. I had put tape in the soles of my boots. I slammed my feet into the ground to stick to the ground. I began pulling Midnight towards me. I was stuck into the ground so she could no longer pull. I used my trapped hand to drag her faster by jerking my arm backwards in a continuous pattern. Soon, I could see her tits as she didn't wear a fucking bra.

Using my free hand, I untangled my self from her kinky ass whip. I kick my shoes off, throwing them at her. I ran into the mist barefoot. I dropped the second piece of tape and began running in the mist like a crazy person. I picked up the second piece of tape on my third loop and backed up as far as I could. I used the tape like a bungee cord, launching myself at the pro-hero. Midnight looked alarmed as her arms were tied together. She backed up, fear glazing her eyes. I slam my forehead into her's, my visors shattering. I released the hallucination mist into the air as much as I could so it would overtake Midnight's sexy gas. I punched her jaw for good measure. Damn, that felt good to beat her up. Midnight fell backwards on her ass.

I grabbed the unconscious Sero and ran for it. I ran as fast as my blistered feet would carry me. I didn't have much time left before I'd fail. I grit my teeth, having about fifteen seconds left. I unrolled more tape from Sero's elbows, tossing the poor boy towards the finish line. I grabbed onto the tape, being flung across the air with an unconscious tape dispensers for elbows man.

We slammed face first into the dirt barely before the finish line. I crawled with the best of my abilities, Sero under my arm as I did so. I gave in as soon as I felt my feet glide across the line. I slammed my fists in the ground, lifting my face up to feel the sun against my face. "YES! I DID IT!" I shouted at the top my lungs to the point that I would strain them. I was so fucking relieved that I made it across the line in time. I felt my chest heave up and down, exhausted. I never had pushed myself to the limit since I was naturally gifted with these abilities. I pushed my quirk too far. I pushed myself. I had gone beyond the limits and expectations of myself and I felt great. I collapsed into the ground.

I used everything to my advantage. Tricks and dirty methods was how I fought. It wasn't something I would pride myself in, and it's something frowned upon. I honestly didn't care. It was what defined my battle style, and  with a little refinement, I could get far in life. What else did I need besides pride? I have all that I need. I have everything in the palm of my hands. I had my pride and my power and that's all I needed to achieve victory.

I woke up in the infirmary. My head hurt like hell and I was double tired. I knew Recovery Girl healed my injuries so I definitely should be tired. My own quirk would make me tired and I wish I could just go home and take a fatass nap. I threw myself back onto the bed with a groan. I stared at the white painted ceiling, being reminded of the hospital. I hate this stupid school and I hate the stupid people here. I wish I was never caught. I wish I lived a normal life, with normal ass parents. I grip the sheets, pulling myself up.

"Hey."

I turned to see Mr. Tape Man. I blinked. "Hi." I said casually.

"Sorry about...being useless." He said, rubbing the back of his neck, avoiding my hard gaze.

"Eh." I shrugged. "It was no big deal."

"...Sorry about..judging you or whatever." Sero said with a sigh. He leaned back, looking unsure of himself.

"Don't beat yourself up over it." I said, getting out bed. My legs were wobbly as shit and I could barely walk. "It's not like I care or anything."

"Why?"

"I don't care what other people think of me." I said, scuffing my shoes on. "I'm not here to make friends or anything," I said walking towards the door. "What other people think of me is their business, not mine. I think I'm pretty awesome but if you think I'm a worthless, carbon copy of Bakugo then you can think that. I won't stop you."

Sero flinched, "you're not that bad."

"Bad enough to be afraid of me, huh?" I said, glancing back at the elbow for tapes boy. "Don't beat yourself over getting taken out by Midnight." I said, opening the door. "What else do you need besides your quirk, power and pride to be satisfied?" I said, exiting the room. I shut it behind me, walking down the hallway to the locker room to get changed. I lower my hood, letting out a deep sigh.

Something about this place pisses me off and I can't tell what.