Chapter 1 ║ A Happy Childhood

My vision starts to clear up as I stretch, my green hair ever-so messy. My emerald eyes shine brightly as I pull open my MHA curtains. I grin slightly as I rush to my brother's room. Tiptoeing across the silent halls, hearing my echos run as fast as the wind. The chocolate door creaks open like a witch laughing, as I aim at my target. I spot him, snoring like a pig on a Sunday morning. I run and pounce at my victim. Mid-air, I could hear his snores continuing, but little did I know, it was his last. Theo screams as he pulls his blanket across his mattress. His face filled with fear, he gave me a look that meant, "You better run". I start galloping towards the front door, laughing along the way. My brother's laugh chases mine as he chases me. I took my last sprint and rushed out the door. I turned around to stick my tongue out, but his face was horrified. I slipped onto the road as I kept going, not noticing the car behind me. The last thing I know, Theo dove at me, the driver tilted left and right; trying to dodge me. Screams, honking, crying.

The next thing I know, dazzling white lights pervaded my eyesight. My father paced around my room, my mother laid over my still body.

"M-mum?" I managed to force a smile as her tears flowed down her sorrowful face as she hugged me, not letting go. My father called for a doctor as he stepped into the room.

"Son! You're okay!" my father exclaimed, a smiling nurse came in with a clipboard.

"Mr. and Mrs. Lettuce-Head, do you mind if you leave the room for a moment, I must ask Henry some questions.