Chapter 5 ║Red Pepper

They left with their ice-cold shots stabbing into my back, like the needles they put in me. I join in their peals of laughter, but I want to cross out their damn smile with a black sharpie.

"I'm going to go early," Jake breaks in suddenly, turning his simp face towards the cobblestone pillars. Ever have that feeling where you realize you're insane and want to burn down everything? Exactly how I feel every day, it sucks to pretend to be the Dollar-Store Deku. And all the Karen teachers think you're an idiot like Liam. When the senior year comes, I can finally steal my aunt's hunting rifle and hunt for all the people who treated me poorly. But right now, I still have to act like I'm okay like I'm sane. Mumbling under my harsh breaths, I carelessly step from my spot. Drew and Liam glance once and continue on their conversation. Issac would have been 23 this year, 11 years he could live perfectly well. He always wanted to major in nursing, helping people and all. And if he were alive, maybe he'd get some practice patients on my last prom.

"Henry wait up Dude!" a familiar yet annoying voice grasped out from what it felt like a black hole. Trenched-in-sweat hands collapsed onto my shoulders, disgusting just like society.

"Huh?" I spin around to see Liam's soaking face with a wide grin. I try to continue on my way, but "pretty boy" grabs me by the stomach leading to my slow fall. Everything happened so quickly, as soon as I could think again I was in his arms. My face began to uncontrollably redden while Liam over here laughed like a maniac.

Out of nowhere, Radio rushes in with a full battery of energy.

"I am actually freaking out right now! Herniam for life!"

"Maybe I'll give up on Stacy's mom and try you," Liam snickered along as if he was ever funny.

"Maybe then I'll try Stacy's mom," I tried to play along, to be honest, it was hard. I don't even think Stacy has a mom, too two gay dads. Liam and I have had a pretty wild history, wilder and sadder than the civil war. Been stuck with him every day, same classes, same friends, even the same room for a while. Just imagine this. Waking up to a red pepper been annoying, doing homework with a red pepper been annoying, been the lettuce to a red pepper been annoying. At this rate, I am going to turn into a darn salad before I even feel the pouch of that rifle.

"Students, the warning bell has already rung... you better head off before you have to spend the rest of your life peeling my oranges," blond, fluffed up hair bounced up a few centimetres marking her territory. Jello.

Liam however found it hilarious,

"Whatever Teach, I'd love to spend my days with you." Why was my heart attacking its walls, thumping heavily like a runner? Liam bowed as graceful as you can ever call Liam, ending it with a wink. I wanted to slice open my darn chest and stop that thumping, it's always there for me...just like Liam. Like I mentioned previously, Liam is everywhere in my life. And don't think I'll ever enjoy it!

Shaking her loose mane again, Jello pointed out.

"Hurry your Jailey feet and go already, I will not hesitate to report you to the principal!"

"Let's go then red pepper, or else poor, poor Jello will lose her temper," jokingly, I tried to act like Dollar-Store Deku again.

"Shall we?"

"I shall punch your memes, Liam," one thing I trust him with is memes. After all, that's our life.