~1~

A/n: Okay, it's here! However, unlike a lot of people, I am not quoting Wizards exactly. I am using the lines that I know, but I really don't like it when people quote the whole thing word for word, so I'm not doing that. Just so you know. 

Also, I came up with another idea that I would have put in my one-shot book, but I thought it kind of unfair for anyone reading that who hadn't read A Dangerous Game since some elements of it would be directly connected to the story. But I don't know where to put it. I think I'll make it a separate story since it's a different storyline from Wizards, but just letting you know. Anyway. Onwards, my readers!

(Y/n) didn't know Douxie Casperan very well, but she knew that she hadn't known, nor anyone else for that matter, that he was a wizard. Wizards. What next? Merlin was going to show up? 

Her jaw fell open as she walked into the shop. Objects were surrounded in green, floating all over the room. AAARRRGGHH squeezed into the room, looking around. The talking cat that had led them there slapped his nose as the troll sniffed him loudly and his ears dropped, shaking his head. 

"I am no one's dinner, understand?" the cat snapped. AAARRRGGHH nodded. (Y/n) looked away from the floating objects for a moment to reach over and give the cat's head a pat. He let out a soft purr, bumping her hand before opening his eyes and brushing himself off, stepping away from her. 

"Now I want a talking cat," she whispered, looking back around the room. 

"Is that all?" an older voice asked from above. They all looked up and Toby started waving. 

"Hey, Merlin!" he called. (Y/n)'s jaw dropped again. Merlin was real? All the people should stop saying, "Merlin's beard!" as a curse phrase. 

"Sorry, but these are all I could find! I'm pretty sure all the aliens left," Douxie said. (Y/n) glanced at him and he caught her look. "Except...you?" 

"Yeah," she said, turning fully to face him. "And that's Akiridion to you. Beware. I've got a temper." 

"She was an assassin," Toby whispered to the young wizard. Douxie's eyes widened and he smiled nervously at the retired assassin. She returned the look, much more confidently, as he stepped back, looking up to Merlin. 

"Well then, we have no time to lose," Merlin said, walking down the stairs. "Tobias, hold these." He dropped a chest into Toby's arms, loading it with floating objects before snapping the lid shut. He grabbed a jar, tucking it under his arm as he stepped towards the doorway. 

"Hold on," (Y/n) said. "What's going on? Why am I here? Or the rest of us?" 

"Answers will be on the way," Merlin said, glancing back at her. He looked her up and down. "You don't look like an assassin." 

"Not yet. Keep talking and I will." He shook his head, glancing skeptically at Douxie, who shrugged sheepishly. The older wizard turned to the door, eyes widening as a creature leaped at it, rebounding off a blue surface. 

"What are those?" Toby shouted, scrambling behind AAARRRGGHH. 

"Shadow Mephits?" Merlin said angrily, turning fully to Douxie. "Did you lead them here?" 

"What? No!" the younger wizard said, throwing his hands up. Several more Mephits threw themselves at the apparent shield and the cat poked his head out from behind Merlin. 

"Yes, we led them here." 

"Get to the roof! The shield won't hold for long!" Merlin said, turning and pushing through the group, leading them up the stairs. (Y/n) came just in front of AAARRRGGHH and Toby, popping up through the trap door onto the roof. Merlin summoned his staff, pointing it at a group of Shadow Mephits and scattering them. Douxie shot some down with his own magic while (Y/n) popped up her shield and knocked several off the roof.