~3~

"Whoa. He's so handsome," Steve said, seemingly snapping out of his terrified trance when the leader of the group took his helmet off, shaking his hair out of his face. (Y/n) just shrugged, making a face. He was average in her opinion. 

"Whoa, chill out, lads!" Douxie said, jumping to his feet and moving in front of his friends. 

"Chill? Out?" (Y/n) turned as Douxie started rambling, staring at Steve with an unimpressed expression as he stared dreamily at the knight. 

"Don't you have a girlfriend?" she hissed to him. She looked back and forth between the knight and the knucklehead, taking in the striking resemblances they had with each other. "Oh. I see." She patted Steve's shoulder. "Whatever floats your boat, I guess." 

"He's like an angel, man," Steve murmured, leaning forward to get a better look at the knight. (Y/n) stiffened as cracks suddenly spread over Jim's rock under Steve's hands. The human noticed this and yelped, scrambling back as the rock crumbled around the troll. The knight pushed past Douxie, peering suspiciously at the rock. Everyone startled when Jim's hand suddenly shot up and the rock fell away as he shook out of it, opening his eyes and looking around. 

"What?" 

"Jim!" Claire exclaimed, running over and embracing him. The knight lifted his sword. 

"Troll. Troll! To arms!" (Y/n) forced herself to her feet, grabbing her serrator and charging it, though not unsheathing it. Douxie stepped back, tapping her weapon nervously. 

"No, he's one of the good ones," the young wizard attempted. 

"There are no good ones," the knight spat. "You'll be taken back to face the king, and pay for your insolence." 

"Wow. He even talks like an angel," Steve said dreamily. He snapped out of it when the guards grabbed him by the shoulders, lifting him off the ground. "Wait, what's an insolence?!" 

"Get your hands off me," (Y/n) snarled, batting the guards away from her. Douxie grabbed her arm tightly, shaking his head and she glared at him. "You're going to regret man handling me later." 

They were escorted to the palace and the alien then figured out just how old Douxie was. He'd lived in Camelot. He'd lived through history. Boom. Instant A in history. 

Her thoughts were pulled from the benefits of living for nine hundred years when they were dragged up a flight of stairs, a very long flight, to what appeared to be the throne room. 

"Douxie," she whispered as she was shoved forward, stumbling to a stop and looking over at the wizard. He inched over to her as Lancelot, as she'd learned, announced their presence and why they were there. "My transduction. It won't hold. Without the tech here to hold it, I'm going to revert to my alien form. I'm actually surprised I haven't already. I had like, five minutes left back in the present." 

"Maybe time stalled it?" 

"By ten minutes! Douxie, what happens when I turn?" 

"Silence!" a loud voice called and she startled, standing at attention. Douxie coughed awkwardly. "You. Aren't you Merlin's apprentice?" 

"Y-yes, Your Majesty," Douxie said, stumbling over his words. The king studied him for a moment, then looked over to Jim. 

"Bring him to the sunlight." 

"Wait. Sunlight kills trolls," (Y/n) said. "Hey! You don't even know why he's here!" 

"He's a spy," the king said dismissively as the guards dragged a struggling Jim over to the patch of sunlight in the middle of the room.