10 - Finally Free

Hadrian continued stroking Asmodeus even as he entered Master Larlig's offece and the Goblin told him to sit down.

"Now that the main problem has been taken care of, we can finally address the other matter on hand. What did you mean when you said that you hadn't received any letters from Gringrotts, Heir Potter?" Master Larlig started to say, a frown permanently etched on his face.

"I meant exactly that, Master Larlig. In my four years of knowing about the Wizarding World, I've never received a single letter from this Bank." the green-eyed teen said with an honest tone. He really didn't know what the Goblin had been talking about, and that worried him more than anything else.

Larlig's frown deepened after that sentence. "Heir Potter, Gringrotts has been sending you letters since after the night Lord and Lady Potter died at the hands of the Dark Lord. We never received a reply, not from you nor from your Magical Guardian, and the letters were never returned to us. We always assumed that they were simply being ignored."

The teen's expression darkened at hearing those words and Asmodeus, who up to this point had been laying on Harry's shoulders with his eyes closed, suddenly pulled himself up and hissed loudly, ready to defend his young master from any imminent threat. "What... does that mean, exactly?" Hadrian growled lowly, trying to keep his Magic under control. He could feel it pushing, like an entity trapped under his skin that was trying to get out.

The Goblin looked at the boy, quietly impressed by the sheer amount of power that he could feel coming from him. Before the Cleanse, Larlig had known Hadrian was a powerful being but he couldn't have imagined how powerful the boy really would become.

"It means that you will have to learn a lot more than you expected." the teen didn't seem all that fazed by this, and Larlig knew that he was waiting for him to continue, "We will have to review every transaction made from your accounts since the death of Lord and Lady Potter to this day, assuming that you had no idea of any of this." he finished calmly, even if his eyes betrayed the anger that he was feeling.

The teen took a deep breath and put his hand on his friend's head, stroking slightly with his fingers to try and calm down the both of them. Asmodeus, seeing that Harry was in no danger, returned to his previous position, "You should calm down hatchling. It's not good for you to become this angry."

Hadrian smiled lightly at hearing his companion, "I know, beautiful, but it's hard not to get angry after you discover you've been lied to most of your life." he said, a sad tone in his voice.

The snake nodded his head before closing his eyes again and basking in the attention Harry was giving him.

The teen moved his eyes on the Goblin, who had been watching the scene without speaking. "I would like a full review of my accounts, please. I can assure you that I knew nothing of this and that all that happened was done without my consent, Master Larlig." he said softly, trying to keep his voice level. The Goblin nodded his head before retrieving a piece of parchment from his desk drawer.

"This states that you had no idea of what was happening and you allow the Goblins to review you accounts fully. You can decide if you want to ask for compensation from the people who stole from you, sue them or let them be subjected to Goblin law, which will get them executed on the counts of theft. I will need you to sign this at the bottom of the page, Heir Potter." he slid the piece of paper closer to the teen and let him read it by himself. He than put a blood red quill next to the parchment, "This, Heir Potter, is a Blood Quill. It will draw blood from your hand and use it as ink. You need to use this to sign the paper once you've read it." Larlig finished, sitting back and waiting tor the young Lord to read.