mia nelson becomes the favourite

Prologue:
mia nelson becomes the favourite

—————

Mia was a daughter of Aphroditenamed after the star Vindemiatrix that her mother saw her blinking at the night of her birth— and Eddie Nelson, the recently (like, 10 years ago) deceased.

Camp Half Blood had technically been her home since she was five years old; Zeus having allowed Aphrodite to escort the child to the camp after her father's passing as he had no remaining family to raise her, meaning she was automatically favoured by her mother as she had no other family to love her as her other half siblings did.

Due to her young age, Aphrodite had to take a form in which her daughter would automatically trust her— her father's bright eyes and dark hair had been passed on to his daughter (along with Aphrodite's radiant glow) so, when she appeared looking like Mia but older, Mia had trusted her wholeheartedly and willingly followed her to Camp Half Blood, believing everything she was told immediately. She was to stay with Chiron until Aphrodite could get permission from Zeus to bring her to Mount Olympus so she could meet the other Gods that she'd been told about. 

When the goddess of love and beauty arrived at Olympus one day with a child sat on her hip, the other gods froze in their seats. She simply grinned at them. Mia copied her mother, giggling as she heard them swoon affectionately, her powers having come in early. Zeus shook himself out of his spell and looked back at the mother and daughter, lips curved into a premature sneer whilst Hera sighed blissfully at the pretty child.

"Well daughter, bring her to me," he demanded, eyes set as he watched Aphrodite set her daughter down in front of the man she considered her father and nudged Mia's shoulder so the girl knew she could move freely. Mia giggled and ran over to Zeus eagerly and launched herself at his leg (the gods preferred sitting in their human form without their mortal guests or half-blood children present). He visibly softened as the girl appeared on his lap seconds later; brown hair scraped into delicate bunches, tied with ribbons. "Look at this one my dear," he hummed to his wife, "you have a beautiful child Aphrodite, so innocent. They're better when they're too young to disobey you!" he chortled, earning a sharp laugh from Ares (whose children often rebelled against him as if in their blood).

Athena frowned; mouth open as if to speak before Aphrodite cut in. "I prefer them grown, Lord Zeus, they can access their full potential and beauty," she sent Hephaestus a pointed look, "and they have their own thoughts. Besides, my children never disobey me because I'm never wrong or harsh," she sent Ares a playful grin to which he glared at her, mumbling obscenities under his breath.

"Children are better when they're harder to influence father, if you prefer them impressionable, claim them younger or cater to what they request once in a while instead of only showing your ugly face to wind them up and infuriate them," Athena added, nonchalantly gesturing to Ares in the last half of her statement.

Ares growled. "Easy for you to say, you only show up to confuse your children with nonsensical riddles of bullshit," he fumed, "and if we claim them too young, we'll be fucked. No offence to this little one," he gestured to Mia, "but I doubt a bunch of 5-year-olds can fight monsters," he snorted.

Artemis rolled her eyes, mumbling as he spoke. "You're the god of war yet you can't fight monsters. Ridiculous! I fight them myself rather than forcing my own children to do it for me," swatting at Apollo's glaring face looming closer towards her.

"We've been alive for ages, sis— fighting the same old monsters gets boring, so yes, of course we leave it to our children!" he joked, golden eyes flittering to Ares hoping he diffused the tension enough that Ares wouldn't try to slaughter his little (big) sister.