chapter fifty-three

recap:

I went up to a cashier, paid, and went back out to the rental car. I put the bag of snacks in the passenger seat, and went on my way. I was driving by the ball park, and there was a red stop light ahead so I stopped and looked at the ball park. It was pretty big.

The light finally turned green and I started driving further. I looked over to my side and when I saw the car it was too late. The last thing I heard was a huge bang...

--

y/n- I'm literally fine.

I say, sitting up in the ambulance.

emt- well, ma'am can you please lay down?? you may have internal injuries.

y/n- fine.

I laid down, following what he wanted me to do, when I was literally fine, but oh well. The car just hit the side of mine, I don't know why it's such a big deal.

I stared at the ambulance ceiling in silence. I looked back to the emt.

y/n- does anyone know I'm here??

emt- yeah, we called your emergency contact.

I groaned and rolled my eyes. Noah will probably freak out, even though I'm fine.

emt- we've got you on some anitbiotics, that's why your not feeling any pain.

I shook my head.

y/n- ok?

We arrived at the hospital and they put me in an emergency room bed. I waited a few minutes in silence, looking around. 

A nurse had came in and did an exam, and then wheeled me into a different room for an internal bleeding scan.

My mind was empty of thoughts. They finished and took me back to the room I was in earlier.

Another doctor came in, checking out my chart and stuff. The silence finally broke when I saw Noah running into my room, and yelling my name.

y/n- i'm literally fine. i don't know why i'm here.

I told Noah, and then looked at the doctor.

doctor- uh i- i'm not a high enough rank to tell you what's going on with you... let me get someone else...

I just shrugged my shoulders and looked back at Noah.

n- what happened??

y/n- a car rammed into me.

He was hugging me when another doctor came in.

doctor- hi, i'm y/n's doctor... and there's some things we must have a chat about.

I pulled away from the hug, and held onto Noah's hand. I was fine, right?? 

The doctor closed the door and took a look at my chart.

doctor- how are you feeling?

y/n- fine, don't really think i need to be here.

doctor- well, i'm glad that you feel okay.

I tilted my head in confusion.

y/n- what??

doctor- well... 

The doctor sighed.

I looked over to Noah with fear in my eyes.

doctor- when we were doing some internal scans... let me just get to the point. your pregnant, but unfortunantly the baby didn't survive.

--