Night out

-Mike's POV-

"Does this look good?" Chester asked. He had on just a Stone Temple Pilots hoodie and some joggers.

"Yeah, looks fine," Mike replied. "Now let's go to my house, so I can change, too."

Chester nodded and they walked down to Mike's house.

"Alright, I'll be right back," he said as he went into his room to change. He put on some sweats like Chester had and went back out to the living room.

Chester was standing, looking at their old band pictures. "Look at us," he said. "We're so young."

"What do ya mean? That was like three years ago." Mike put his arm around Chester's shoulders.

"I know, but still," he replied. "We were so close, ya know? I feel like now we aren't as...connected."

"Me and you?"

"Just the whole band. I just don't feel the same as I did when we released Hybrid Theory. I felt like one of us could say an idea and everyone else would say, 'I was thinking the same thing!' or something like that."

Mike nodded. "I see what you're saying now. If you feel that way, then how come on tv the other day, you said everything about Meteora was good?"

"The album itself was good. But the feeling behind it wasn't."

No one said anything for a while. They just stood and looked at the pictures.

Chester cleared his throat. "We should get going."

"Why? It's only 4:30. Why not have a few drinks?" Mike replied.

He shrugged and they walked over to the kitchen to pour some shots.

"Got any vodka?" Chester asked.

Mike nodded. "Of course I do." He grabbed a bottle and two shot glasses. He set them on the table, filled them up, and they drank.

"Ugh, that was terrible!" Chester said with a laugh. "That was literally the worst vodka I've ever had."

Mike laughed, too. "Agreed. I don't know what Anna was thinking when she bought that. Anyway, wanna head over to the motel now? That's where everyone else is."

"Alright, yeah, let's go."

-Hayley's POV-

"Mike just texted," she said. "They're on their way here."

"Okay then," Gerard replied without looking up from the tv. "What's their ETA?"

"I dunno. I'm just waiting."

"So," Billie began. "Are we going out, or am I cooking for everyone?"

"Going out," Hayley answered.

Billie nodded as they continued getting ready. "Thank fuck for that," he joked. "I would never be able to make that much food and have it still taste good."

"I haven't left the motel in like a week and a half," Gerard said. "This'll be fun."

There was a knock on the door about thirty minutes later.

"Hey," Mike said as Hayley opened the door. He and another man walked in and stood in the middle of the room. Hayley could tell they were both nervous.

"This is Chester," he continued.

"I saw you on tv the other day," Frank said. "Nice to meet you."

Chester just nodded and scooted behind Mike a little.

"You guys okay?" Gerard asked.

They both whipped their heads over to look at him. Mike whispered something in Chester's ear before talking to Gerard. "Uh, yeah. Yeah, we're fine."

"Should we get going then?" Hayley asked. They all nodded and left to go to a nearby bar.

As they walked, it was pretty much silent. There were a few things they talked about, but it quickly faded. Hayley slowed and stood next to Chester. "So," she began. "I'm Hayley. Nice to meet you."

"You're the one Mike saved?" he asked.

"Yeah, actually." She laughed a little.

They walked a little more in silence.

When they arrived, they went and sat in a booth. Most of them ordered beers. Hayley, Chester, and Gerard got some wine.

"What? Chester, since when do you order wine?" Mike joked. "You always get beers like the rest of us."

"I don't know," he answered, quietly. "I just didn't want to get totally wasted tonight in case something bad happens."

Hayley liked Chester. He seemed pretty quiet and contempt. He didn't say much except to Mike.

"Guys!" Gerard yelled out of nowhere, making them all jump. "Did you see that waiter? He was pretty cute."

"Dude!" Hayley laughed. "Yes, we all noticed that."

About an hour or two later, Billie, Mike, Tre, and Frank were wasted.

"See, this is why I didn't get wine," Chester said to Hayley. She was surprised he spoke directly to her and not through Mike.

Before she could say anything, Billie stood on the table and started talking to the rest of the bar. "Can I have your attention? We have a celebrity guest tonight."

"Show off," someone said.

"Yeah, we know who y'all are, genius," someone else called out.

"No ya don't. You see, me and my squadron are here on account of boredom."

"What's he saying?" Chester whispered.

Hayley thought for a minute. "Can you save the show?"

"Huh?"

"I'll explain later. Can you go up there and start singing? Anything will work. Just so Billie gets down and stops talking."

He nodded. "Um, yeah. Yeah, I'll do that." He was obviously super nervous about it.

"Billie!" Hayley said. "Chester wants to show you something cool. Can you help him onto the table?"

He nodded and held out his hand for Chester to grab.

"Welcome to the show, dude!" he said.

Hayley could see Chester breathing to calm down.

"Tired of being what you want me to be;
Feeling so faithless;
Lost under the surface;
Don't know what you're expecting of me..."

His voice was amazing. She had never heard anything like it. Mike looked up at him and smiled. Then he climbed on the table and started singing the backups. His voice was awesome, too.

After the song was over, they left the bar and started walking back to the motel. Hayley's time radio rang on the way there.

"Williams, it's DeLonge. We've fixed the problem, and you're good to finish your mission."

She looked around sadly.

"What's wrong?" Mike asked.

"Williams, do you copy?"

"Yeah, yeah we'll finish and come back," she said into the radio. She then turned to Mike and Chester. "I'm so sorry guys, but we really have to go. It was so nice meeting you two." She started walking away when Chester stopped her.

"Let us help," he said.

"With what? You don't even know what we're doing."

He looked over at Mike who had a expression that read 'careful.' He pulled something out of his pocket and handed it to her. It was a time radio. "We've been holding onto this for a while."

"Where'd you find that?" she asked. "Only-" She gasped a little. "A-Are you..."

"Yes, we're the officers who ran away ten years ago."

This is cool idea I was talking about earlier :) I'm so excited about it, and I'm hoping I can get it all worked out.