Prologue

Cronus stood looking at the two enormous thrones across the stone marble hall. The thrones stood as a physical reminder of all that he has achieved and all that he is expected to do. 

The first stood strong thanks to gears frozen together to form a solid foundation. This solid built state slowly transforms as the gears spring to life and form the intricate interior of Horologium the pendulum clock of the heavens. In place of Horologium's face was an ornate gold framed mirror which only reflects the true face of time.

The queen's throne even though smaller radiated elegance. This throne consisted of soft gold manipulated into an exquisite arrangement of bellflowers, peach blossoms and primroses. The flowers delicate leaves and petals are encrusted with matching precious gems. To Cronus, this throne also stood as a reminder that he was not alone for each flower and gem displayed his queen's personality perfectly for they told tales of unwavering and eternal love.

Cronus took his time taking in the splendour and power that radiated from the two unoccupied thrones and then turned his attention to the rest of his surroundings. The usually lively and bustling hall seemed hollow and void of life. His ragged breath echoed off the marble walls fostering the perfect environment for deep contemplation. 

Eventually, Cronus realised that only four words were being relayed through his mind.

Could it be true .............

_______________________________________________________________________________

Authors note

Well, that is your first taste of The Tale of Time I hope you enjoyed it.

Thank you for choosing to read this story and I hope you continue to support me.

Don't forget to let me know what you think in the comments (feedback is appreciated) and feel free to vote.

Until next time,

Webbie