Chapter 2

Cronus's POV 

I scanned the room eventually spotting an unfamiliar figure seated by the fireplace. While studying the aged individual, I thought to myself Who is this stranger? Curiosity getting the better of me I cleared my throat to signify my presence and started to approach the visitor. 

With the assistance of my mother, the visitor's hunched figure slowly attempted to rise. I halted to a stop. This can't be the all-powerful Uranus, could it? Suddenly it dawned on me. My mother's action alone was enough to confirm the man's identity. 

"Cronus," said a raspy voice.

Unable to respond, I continued to take in my father's appearance. His once handsome face now seemed hollow. His clothes hung from him like rags. He clung to a coarsely fashioned walking stick. How could this have happened?

"Admiring your handy work?"  he barked. 

I lifted my gaze and watched his face harden to stone. He made no attempt to hide the contempt in his stormy grey eyes as waves of intense hatred came crashing towards me. I felt Rhea shudder, likely drowning hin my father's scornful emotions. 

All traces of guilt and worry evaporated into thin air. I now recognised the face of my father. Despite his appearance, I could tell he had not changed at all. 

Thankfully my mother's sweet voice broke the silence "Rhea shall we pour some tea?". Giving a delicate nod Rhea glided to my mother's side. I sent a grateful smile in my mother's direction which she returned with a knowing nod. 

"Darling why don't you make yourself comfortable" Rhea instructed. Handing me a cup of Ambrosia infused tea as I settled by the fire. The sweet taste of Ambrosia is a favourite amongst the gods. As I took a small sip of the heavenly liquid, I felt my body relax. Once I had drained the cup of its delectable contents, I set the cup aside. 

"So is there a reason for bringing this eunuch into my home?" I demanded. 

The hurt which consumed mother's face was not evident in her voice. 

"Yes, dear there is." 

"Please, enlighten me?"

"This eunuch" my father snapped sarcastically "Insisted on bearing witness to your pathetic face as she reveals your destiny." taunted as he gestured toward mother. 

"He's what?" my dear wife gasped dropping her thankfully empty cup. 

"Cronus sweetheart the fates have revealed a prophecy to me." 

Taking a deep breath, she continued. 

"Like his father before...

He will fall...

For better or for worse...

The winds and tides will churn... 

He will be lost to Time...

As flesh and blood consume him...

Time...

Which once called him master...

Free of its bonds...

Will take its own course." 

________________________________________________________________________________

Authors Note 

Thank you once again for choosing to read my story inspired by the myth of Cronus King of the Titan's and Patron titan of time. Don't forget that I would love to hear your feedback on my story and If you enjoyed this chapter please feel free to give it a star. 

Until next time, 

Webbie