Mother, you cut me short.

I suddenly jumped, Isis having been shaking my shoulder. Guess I did manage to sleep. "(Y/N)! We're gonna be late!" 'Fucking school.' I lazily groaned and rolled out of bed, sluggishly dragging myself into the bathroom.

"You act like I didn't sleep through my alarm on purpose." I playfully sneered, looking at Isis while brushing my hair with obvious leisure. "Oh, Just hurry up would you, Patient (L/N)?" She giggled, just for me to return a scoff and grin. Isis always seems to tease me about going to the asylum with my mother.

Oh well, gotta love her anyway. Except for when she takes my drugs. Just kidding, anyway.
We both headed off to school together, getting to class about eleven minutes late. Yep, eleven. Not ten, oh no. Eleven.

The day seemed to drag on and on, not including gym. Floor hockey, bitch! But even so, once the bell rang I was more than excited to run out to my mom's car. I climbed in with newfound excitement, catching my mother off guard. "Excited to go to work with me?" She rose a blonde brow, and I nodded eagerly. "Yep!" Oddly enough, I really was. I had restored patience with that boy, ready to try to get him to talk more.

"Good! I'm happy to hear it!" My mom sang in a warm note. I reflected her joyous mood. I was usually happy I assure- but I can be impatient, a jerk, and just a bit of a prick overall. But! Not today.

We arrived about ten minutes before my mom's shift began, though I went inside anyway. I went to the vending machines that were only accessible to staff and visitors.
Putting in a dollar I pressed the buttons with eager finger tips, gaining a large Hershey's chocolate bar. Even leaving the extra change in the slot. Some lucky whore was gonna get my 25 cents. Damn.

Immediately afterwards I made my way to the pale boy's cell, leaning against the front of it.

He was sitting facing the back wall, his forehead tipped forward against the cement.

"Aye." I greeted through the bars, my arms hung through them on each side. "I got you something to eat other than the gray paste you get." I figured this would catch his attention, considering the food here was tasteless, dull, gray and maybe retaining a hint of salt if fortunate. The corners of my lips slowly curled when I saw him pick up and turn his head, staring at me.
Ever so slowly he got up, pacing with soft patters from his bare feet the short distance. I watched him stop about a foot from the cell front.

At this point I finally had a clear, up lose look at him. As I stated, his eyes matched the cold, gray cement. But even so his eyes were- fitting. To his appearance. Semi-closed piercing holes lined his ears and under his lip where he likely had snake bites. No doubt the nurses requiring them to be removed.

His hair was uneven like he cut it himself, but wasn't bad. Just black as can be. While his skin was pale, still dirtied from the dingy cell if not more. What had been torn up before on his hands was covered, off-white medical wrap reaching from his wrists to his finger tips.

Multiple hospital bands hugged his wrists, stating no name and seeming to only tell the doctor he was assigned to. As well as the medications he was supposed to be on.

"Just gotta talk to me, and you can have it." I smirked to myself, though when the next thing I knew was him sitting back on his cot with the candy bar already in hand, my jaw nearly disconnected from my skull. "You get lost in thought easy, hope you know." He spoke in his smokey tone, causing me to roll my eyes. 'God damn prick.' I huffed, the patience I was so ecstatic about- gone.

However, I still wanted to talk to him. Even though his couple words were frustrating, I liked to hear them.

"Why don't they have your name?" I proceeded to ask, not totally expecting an answer.

He turned to look at me, chocolate half eaten as a smile slowly unfurled along his lips, splitting wide into a grin. He tipped his head and snickered through his teeth, looking amused. "What?" I added, confused.
"I don't know it." He stated simply, his expression washing away to a blank alternative.

"What do you mean? And how doesn't anybody else know your name?" My hands gripped the bars as if I could push through them. Straining to hear his words even as they were clear and audible. I just wanted to know more.

The boy dramatically sighed as I stared at him, curious (e/c) eyes of mine rarely blinking. "I forgot it. I don't know my name, or my age. Or my birthday. And- because there's no one left /to/ know."

"What?" I cocked my head as I tried to process his words, just as he slipped the chocolate under his sad excuse of a pillow. He returned to curling against the wall, my mother appearing behind me and tugging at my shoulder.

"Come on honey, shift's over." She said, softly taking my wrist and beginning to walk.

"But-" I was cut off as I watched his cell grow dim and far down the occasionally flickering hallway.
"Mom, he said he-" She interrupted my words with her sweet, chipper voice. "Your father has dinner waiting, let's not let it get cold!"

I sighed, knowing I'd never get that freak of a teen out of my head.
And right mommy, cause the food will stay hot after a two hour drive.