xix

19

A L O H O M O R A

( ah - LOH - ho - MOR - ah )

" to unlock "

_______________

THE CLOUDS ROLLED from May into June, the month of the last Triwizard trial. Harry and Cedric had been hauled up in empty classrooms, practicing hexes and curses for their last attempt to win the Triwizard Cup.

Lyra walked towards the Slytherin table when both Harry and Cedric were nowhere to be seen. Daphne was sat on Theo's lap eating her breakfast, Theo looked dazed.

"Not enough room of the bench, Daph?" Lyra raised an eyebrow and sat opposite them, beside Blaise.

"Jealous, Ly?" Daphne asked jokingly, taking a sip from her pumpkin juice.

Lyra bit into a strawberry from the bowl beside Theo. "Oh terribly! All I want is a big, bad Slytherin boyfriend," She said sarcastically, "I don't know why that was sarcastic, that's really all I want."

Blaise nudged her shoulder, puffing out his chest and flexing his arms, "Big, bad Slytherin right here." He smirked triumphantly.

Her laugh was melodic, a hint of dramatic disgust intermingled. She scrunched her face in deep thought, her eyelashes tickled her furrowed brows.

"I prefer blondes." She clicked her tongue.

Blaise deflated instantly, his expression quickly shifted from offended to intrigued, along with Daphne and Theo who lent closer intently.

Lyra looked up from her plate, eyeing them in confusion, "Yes?" She dragged out, the pitch of her voice rising.

"Blondes you say," Theo mused, "Knew you fancied Malfoy."

Lyra's cheeks flushed a brilliant pink, her eyes widened, showcasing the subtle shades of blue in her eyes. She opened her mouth to speak, but only jumbled sounds passed her lips.

"Piss off." She scowled, throwing a piece of her toast at Theo.

Theo ate the small section of food and carried on smirking. "That'd be a nice birthday present for him, a girl."

Lyra's head shot up, she cocked an eyebrow, "It's his birthday?"

"Yep," Blaise said smoothly, "His fifteen and still an arse."

Lyra scrunched the napkin beside her into a ball, throwing it towards Malfoy, who seemed to be engaged in a reluctant conversation with Pansy.

He whipped around to look in her direction with a cold sneer after the napkin hit the back of his white-blonde hair.

"Happy birthday, Ferret face." She smiled warmly.

"Yeah," He mumbled, "Thanks."

Theo chirped up from behind Daphne, "Sunshine fancies you!"

Malfoy smirked at Theo, he cocked an eyebrow and trailed his eyes over Lyra whose face was getting hotter by the second. She pointed a finger at Theo menacingly.