𝐈𝐈 The Hit-Woman

"Check the breachments from 2014. His name has to be in at least one of the criminal records." Poe breathed, the exasperation poignant in his tone.

He scanned through the contents of the file he obtained from Organa; your leader. Leia Organa exaggerated the significance of this assignment. She bestowed her loathing for Kylo Ren upon you, expressing her urgency for you to fulfill the task of obliterating him. Without divulging you with her reasoning for this bitter-hatred she harbored.

Of course— Kylo Ren was notoriously dangerous, and hated by an abundance of people that strayed far beyond just Organa. The only difference was, all of those people were too frightened by his complex, cruel disposition to ever tamper with him. Organa on the other hand, was fearless. She nearly presented herself as the type to embrace the dangers of hunting a man as daunting and infamous as him.

Poe was severely devoted to Organa. He was held accountable for every target, every task, every feat that the Resistance must complete in order to remain afloat in detrimental waters.

He was ordered to deliberate your scheme that involved prying information out of Kylo Ren. He had conveyed and conspired a plan with Organa after the assignment failed on the first night, to make sure things sailed smoothly and accordingly the second time around.

Little did they know your failure was a result of his enigma and conniving charm. There was no plan that could fix your flaw under his suave.

You sigh, the muscles in your fingers cramping up, as you continue to arduously slam your fingers into the keyboard of your desktop. Fruitlessly, and bleakly, searching for some answers behind the mysterious Kylo Ren.

You knead the back of your neck apprehensively. Sucking in a sharp breath, you search up the illegal breachment records from early 2014.

You surveyed over sixteen pages of useless information. You scanned every file that the darkest depths of the web could supply you. Waiting hopefully, for your eyes to saunter across a file or record that proved the immortality of Kylo Ren in documented form. It was a simple, but desolating task. Especially when you found nothing. No dirt, no muck, no tracks scuffing along his name.

Organa wanted you to discern all of his... illicit acts, before you followed through with the assignment. She scolded Poe for refusing to permit you with information on your target in the first place, insisting that he aids you in uncovering all of the unlawful prosperities of your casualty.

So far, all you have obtained was the information easily displayed for the public. He was a wealthy co-owner of a bustling corporation, funding businesses located in New York, Chicago and Las Angeles. Long story short, he invested in multi-million dollar companies, co-owning with an unknown source as the head executive. That was all you could find, and it was out for the taking.

Despite the fraudulences he was surely involved in— drug busts, shoot-offs, money laundering's, contract killings — he managed to clear his name entirely.

"From what I gather, he is extremely meticulous about things." You suggest, tossing Poe a bleak look from over your shoulder, popping an Ultralight past your lips, lighting it briskly. "He seemed extremely well-put. We're going against someone powerful here."

Poe clicks his tongue in disagreement, releasing an agitated growl. He was feverishly flipping through an array of tangible-documents at his desk. He shoots you a glare from over his shoulder.

"You know you aren't supposed to smoke in here." He appoints, eyebrows raised, as he continues shuffling through the files.

You swivel around in your squeaky office chair, sighing, slothfully laying slouched in it. You eyed around the drab interior of the office. It wasn't much, but it was enough to keep the complexities of the Resistance's schemes discreet and under wraps.