Part 5

Hermiones POV-

I couldn't concentrate in class, I just kept thinking. I kept thinking What if it's true? What if he was telling the truth? What if I am a Zabini? A pureblood? No not possible, but is it?

Lunch came around pretty fast. Me and Ginny sat together like always, but we didn't say anything. We ate in silence, probably thinking about what Zabini and Malfoy said earlier.

About 10 minutes before lunch was over I looked at Ginny and we both nodded silently agreeing to leave the great hall. We got up and walked out the door. I don't know if she knew about the two boys watching us from across the room or if she knew they followed us.

We walked to the astronomy tower and sat on the ledge.

"If you're going to follow us try not to be so obvious." I said without turning around.

"We wanted to talk." The voice I knew belong to Zabini said.

"I know."

"What do you think about what we talked about earlier?"

"Yeah." I say quietly.

"Just know I'm not lying," he said.

"Okay, it's possible that I believe you." I could feel his joy. "I have a question."

"What would that be?"

"If I were your sister, what would happen? I mean, I can't just pretend the past 7 years didn't happen. That you two didn't bully, call me mudblood. That we were enemies for 7 years."

"That's what I've been thinking about too. So, I talked to Draco and we have agreed we are willing to start from the beginning. And we're sorry for everything, we were raised like that but we never liked it. I truly want you as part as my family, to be able to call you my twin sister."

I stood up, Ginny followed my action.

"No," Ginny said.

"What?"

"No, we aren't starting from the beginning and we don't forgive you."

"We believe you changed and you didn't like the bullying but it's something we can just forgive. We are willing to give you both a chance but on one condition."

"What's that?"

"This." Ginny pulled out two viles of Veritaserum, a truth potion.

"Veritaserum?" Malfoy asked.

"Yeah" I told him.

"You don't trust us?"

"Do you blame us?" Ginny said, you could hear she was starting to get mad.

"Honestly, no"

"Meet us here tomorrow, free period."

"Great, bye."

"Bye." The boys said.

_____________________________________

Blaise POV-

"This was a mistake, I shouldn't have agreed to the Veritaserum." I told Draco on the way to tower.

"Why? What are you hiding?" He joked.

"A lot."

"Like what?"

"I may have left out a small detail when I told you and her the story." I said quietly.

"What detail?"

"Okay, so you know how most Pure-Bloods have betrothals in case by the age of 25 they still aren't married?"

"Obviously." He said slowly understanding what I was about to say.

"Well, you also know that yours is Astoria Greengrass?"

"Unfortunately."

"Well, it may or may not have only been her in case we didn't find Granger."

"Meaning I'm betrothed to Granger unless I find a worthy bride in about 5 years."

"Maybe."

"Hell, no." That wasn't Draco, that was a feminine yet masculine voice.

"Weaslette, do you just appear wherever there's gossip?"

"Yeah actually, I do." She is one of the most snarky person I know. "Anyway I was about to leave, y'all were taking so long I was think you bailed out. Hermione said she was going to wait a few minute."

"We're right behind you." We head on up and right before Weaslette opens the door I call out, "hey wait!"

"What?"

"Can you not mention anything about what you heard downstairs?" She look like she was going to object. "I'll tell her just let's see if she adjust to Draco first."

"Okay." She agrees with a shrug.
_____________________________________

Hermione POV-

Right before I leave I hear footsteps and mumbling outside the door.

"Look who I found gossiping like two teenage girls."

"We don't gossip, we exchange unknown to be true or false knowledge." Zabini said feigning offense.

"In other words yeah they were gossiping, got it."

"I changed my mind, no Veritaserum." Zabini said seriously.

"Okay, that's fine, just know I'm not going to believe a word that comes out of you mouth."

"I figured as much which is why I owled our mother and she will be send over the documents of our birth a soon as she gets the chance."

"Okay then until you get those, I'll be seeing you in the halls. We still hate each other, understand?"

"Yeah, don't worry Granger I would have hated you either way." Malfoy speaking for the first time since they came in.

"Okay, but hey one more thing. What do we call you? You technically aren't Granger anymore but you also aren't Zabini and it would be weird saying my own last name and I'm sure you don't want me practically screaming your my twin. It also would be weird to call you Hermione, so?"

After I think about what he said I decided, "for now, I'm still just Granger."