hey little girl

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

the next day was extremely short as it was homecoming that night. fifi and stan had avoided syd at all costs after what she said to them the day before. surprisingly, fifi had been asked twice to homecoming by boys she never knew noticed her. the girl obviously declined because she decided to go with stan.

"you don't want to come in." isaak stood at the front door of their house.

"zack, it's homecoming today and i need to get ready." fifi told her younger brother.

"i know, i know." isaak sighed, "but you don't want to come in."

"what could be so bad?" fifi rolled her eyes before covering isaak's eyes with mini snow particles.

"hey!" isaak groaned as he rubbed his eyes, his hands releasing from the door frame.

"it'll melt." fifi walked past him, "dad, are you home?"

when she turned to peek in the kitchen, her dad was in fact home but he was not alone. sitting next to him was isaak's biological mother - her step mum.

"vicki daven?" fifi frowned.

"honey, i'm home." vicki smiled as she got up, her arms open for a hug.

vicki daven-jenkins. the step-mother who abandoned them when they needed her the most. after aofie's mum had vanished off the face of the earth, vicki came into her life, brought isaak, and promised her she'd never leave. that was a lie, after not even four years, vicki departed one evening without a goodbye.

that was about a year ago, and the jenkins had decided to forget all about her, not expecting her to show up at their door on homecoming day.

fif crossed her arms and raised her brow, "dad?"

"she just showed up." chris sighed, giving his daughter an apologetic look.

"this isn't your home." fifi told her, "not anymore."

if anyone asked, fifi would tell them that isaak was her biological brother - they were that close. but to her, vicki was her dad's wife who left them.

"why are you here?" fifi asked as isaak walked in.

"what i'd like to know too." isaak stood beside her.

"can't a mother see her two beautiful children?" vicki smiled, making the trio scoff.

"a mother?" isaak began looking around the room, "i can't see one in here."

fifi stiffled a laugh as vicki's face dropped, "issak... don't be like that."

"come on zack, i need help picking out my homecoming dress." fifi motioned to upstairs and began ushering him up.