KINGS AND QUEENS

Casterly Rock 294 AC.

Arthur.

He stood watching as the king spoke, trying not to stare at the white dragon as it crawled on his shoulder, his clothes had burned away but there was not a mark on him. Arthur wasn't sure what it was he was more in awe of, the dragon the king had brought back into the world or the fact that he'd seen him engulfed by white flames and yet he was unburnt. He looked to the body that Richard and Jors were untying from the stake, and then to the king who was wrapping himself in a cloak, he still wasn't completely sure of what he'd seen.

1 hour previously.

Arthur stood with Richard as the king made preparations, he was stunned by the appearance of the second dragon egg, yes he knew of it, but he also knew the trouble Rhaegar had gone through to get the white one. When the guard, Jors, brought the egg back he was surprised but listening to what the king said to Lorch he felt his own anger rise, the king spoke calmly though. When he saw the sword enter the man's stomach it shocked him and watching the repeated stabbings made him very nervous.

He looked to Richard who seemed to be enjoying it and then to Jaime who like him seemed to have a worried look on his face. But it was watching as the king carried the egg to the fire, watching as he dripped his blood into the flames that scared him the most. He moved at the same time Jaime did but it was too late, the flames swept over the king before they made it even a couple of feet. The cry from Jaime was loud and piercing and he could see the hurt in his former brother's eyes.

"He's moving." Richard said his voice choked from his own emotions at what he'd seen.

"What?

"Arthur he's moving, look."

What he saw then would be something he'd remember to the day he died, the king walked out of the fire, his clothes had been burnt away but he was unharmed and on his shoulder there was, gods there was a dragon. He looked to Richard and to Jaime who was now smiling broadly and without thinking he knelt, it was true, it was all true, he was everything Rhaegar had said he would be, Jaehaerys was the prince that was promised, he was the song of ice and fire.

Now.

Once Richard and Jors had untied the body they walked back over to the king and awaited further instructions, Arthur looked to them both and knew should he raise a looking glass to his face, he'd be wearing the same expression.

"We need to have him delivered to the Dornish, should it be here or Dorne?" the king said to loud chirps "Dorne it is." he said and Richard nodded.

"My king, the dragon what are we to do with it." Arthur asked.

"She stays with me, my sister stays with me." the king said and Arthur looked at him in confusion.

"Jon, what do you mean?" Jaime asked.

"Rhaenix, she's not a normal dragon." the king replied and Arthur couldn't help but agree, not that he was an expert but didn't they have two legs not four?.

"I don't understand." Jaime said.

"I can't explain it, but somehow she's Rhaenys." the king said and the dragon chirped for quite a while, he watched as the king began to laugh and then turned to him.