Chapter 14

Resetti layed in his bed in his recovery room. All he could hear around him were faint footsteps in the corridors and the beeping of his heartrate monitor. All he could see around him were the stained carpets, and his white sheets above him on his bed. chestnut, the nurse unexpectedly walked into the room.

"Restti, you have a visitor." She announced, before walking out of the room.
Raymond walked in with a mischievous smirk on his face. "well well well, resetti, it's been a while."
"its been 3 hours." Resetti replied.
"I see my bullet didnt exactly kill you, did it?"
Resetti glared at him.
"Your tea." Chestnut said as she placed a cup of black tea on resetti's bedside table before walking out. Resetti took a sip and dropped some artificial sweetener in his tea.
"Raymond," resetti said, "can we not drop this feud? who is it really helping?"
Raymond paused and thought about it. "You have a point.maybe we can team up.. i was thinking we could combine forces to try and take tortimer." He said with a faint smile on his face. "He's working with the russians and i think it would be beneficial to both of us if we took him down."
"Of course." Resetti replied while stirring his tea and now consciously trying to hide his russian accent.
"If it's too much to ask, could i have a sip of your tea? my throat is quite dry." Raymond asked
"Of course." Resetti replied, handing the tea to raymond. Raymond took a sip, before immediately spitting it out, and started uncontrollably coughing.
"You bastard, what the fuck did you put in here?" Raymond asked.
"You fool. Da privyet babushka, could you not tell that i was russian? Besides, what did you really think the artificial sweetener tablets were?" Resetti said, while maniacally laughing.