A litte fight never hurt anyone...right?

He told me to call him Garou. I asked him what he was doing fighting a monster in the forest, but he told me to not worry about it. Gemini had gotten up and was lounging at Garou's feet. He startled and glanced between me and the big cat.
     "Garou, this is Gemini. He is my brother's and my companion."
     "Brother?"
     "Yes, his name is Song."
     "Ah," the man went silent, but I saw him eyeing the food I was preparing..
     "Listen, I took you into my house and bandaged you up. Of course I'll feed you too."  Garou only nodded his head but I noticed a minuscule amount of tension ease from his shoulders.
     "How hungry must he be?" I thought, "Does he live along or is finding food hard for him? Does he even have a home?" 
     Garou broke the silence, "Do you have a restroom?"
     "Er...yes. Out the door, down the hall, first door to the right." And a moment later, he was gone, leaving the chair rocking in its place.
     "I guess he really had to go..." I muttered. Gemini stretched, bumped his head against my leg, and padded out of the cave. Several minutes passed until I began to get worried. Garou hadn't lost himself in the cave system had he? I hastily threw down my knife and ran to the door. It didn't matter if he was a so called "Hero Hunter" or not, these caves were a dizzying labyrinth no matter who you were! I reached the door and flung it open, but stopped in my tracks least I crash into Garou's chest.
     "You. I've been looking for you.," he growled, yellow eyes laser focused my mine. He definitely wasn't lost.... Garou brushed past me and slammed the door so hard it locked.
     "Tell me, who you are?"
     My dark purple aura settled over my skin,"I told you before. My name is Kaymen. That is all."
     "No, I think you're someone else. I heard there was human monster lurking in a cave somewhere around here. Some creature of constantly shifting horror. I came to ask how they did it."
     "Did what?" I asked, clearly confused.
     "Are you an idiot? How they became a human monster and not from the same methods as those pathetic weaklings!" He growled, "I thought I'd found him earlier and challenged him to a fight, but I never thought the so called "Monster of the Mountain" would be such a weak looking girl."
"I don't know who started those rumors, but I am no monster." I said narrowing my eyes.
"Regardless, you're the only one out here and those rumors had to start somewhere. So," He stepped directly in my face, "What makes you so special O' Monster of the Mountain?"
I knew this tactic. I'd used this many times before. It was a game of provoking the opponent. Although his tone was smooth, humorous even, I could feel him mapping out any reaction I might have. He was weighing the likelihood of my strike, where it would come from, how he would counter, and everything down to what direction he'd send me flying.
Instead I analyzed him right back. Thought of every possible way he could strike if I didn't make the first move, every breath and muscle twitch a signal to his motives. I was used to this sort of thing. Much of my combative strength came from reading my enemies. Garou seemed to pick up on y analysis. He made no effort to step away but his cocky grin shrunk.
We were locked in a contest of wills. Who would break first? My aura strained against my mental barriers, longing to terrorize anything in my path. Garou didn't flinch, only a slight look of confusion flitted across his face.
My illusions swirled around me, invisible to anyone but me. I felt their whispers slither out from half formed mouths and curl around my head. Garou was getting impatient with this staring game.
I struck first, not with a punch or kick but with my illusions. I simultaneously threw them over me and to the other side of the room. To Garou, I appeared to disappear right before his eyes. His eyes went wide searching for me only to leap towards my illusion. Garou was fast and my mind could hardly catch up pulling at his different receptors. I focused on matching my illusion to his moves, tweaking the image so it looked perfect. I had not moved from where I stood. Garou seemed to be enjoying himself. His smile was the width of a river, and I could swear his eyes were glowing. My illusions began taking a toll on me so I guided the fight to my physical body and merged the two seamlessly. I braced for action and not a moment too soon.
Garou was on me, the real me, in a blur of silver hair. Teeth bared and eyes flashing, ravenous for the thrill of the fight. He struck as if to kill. I struck back each arm batted away in an instant.
"COME.ON! FIGHT ME! SHOW ME WHY YOU'RE A MONSTER!" Garou roared as I dodged him. His arm sailed past me, missing by mere centimeters.
I leaped back but his hand caught my ankle. I slammed down into the floor, feeling my breath lurch.
"Monster of the Mountain, my ass! You're nothing but a wea-"
I moved, serious this time, and grabbed his head. My eyes were glowing now and the same curved horns as before decorated my forehead,"You want a monster?! Fine! I'll give you a monster!" I hissed. My power effortlessly brushed up to Garou's brain knowing the familiar pathways to the fear centers. Garou jolted back, surprised at his own body moving beyond his control. I weakened his knees and he slumped to the floor. His arms snapped to his sides and he faceplanted onto the floor.
I was breathing hard but got up and rolled his onto his back. Although I could not read his mind, I felt his thought racing under my hold.
"You know I though of going easy on you," I purred, "But it seems-"
"How are you doing that?" Garou's face was in bothered.
"Huh?"
"This," he gestured to his body with his head, "and those," he motioned to my horns and glowing eyes.
"You- You're not scared?" I raised an eyebrow.
Garou shook his head,"No, I've seen way worse. A pair of horns and glowing eyes? You're about as Vanilla a monster as they come."
"Fine! Then how about this!" instead of a monster, I took another form.
Garou took one look at me and burst out laughing. "THAT'S the scariest thing you could have turned into?!"