T R I V I A & F I N A L N O T E S

Thank you for reading, voting, commenting, and making it all the way here! To celebrate the completion of Ember, here are some lil trivia fact thingies.

BUT FIRST: This beautiful cover that mirroredastra made for Ember! I can't thank her enough for all of the support she has shown for this book! Thank you!

Ember was originally going to be about an apprentice, Emberpaw, witnessing the murder of her mentor to keep said mentor quiet.

• "Emberstorm" was briefly changed to "Embersight," but I changed it back.

• Bramblefrost was originally going to have been Emberstorm's mate from the beginning. Now, shocking spoiler, he's NOT.

• "Bramblefrost" was briefly changed to "Bramblestorm," but that was obviously problematic.

• She was originally going to undergo heart failure in Chapter 12.

• The Realm was briefly changed (I am very indecisive) to ShoreClan. Wave was going to be Wavecrash, and Mist was going to be Rivermist.

• When I first created the Realm, Wave was going to be a she-cat named Serendipity, and Mist would be Sonder. I have issues with making decisions. I can taste your judgement.

• I kind of regret making Emberstorm black-furred in some aspects. While I love having a black cat for the main character, it makes finding a cover picture very hard. I would've found the perfect cover picture if the cat hadn't been wearing a stupid flower crown.

• Emberstorm has medium-length black fur with a white tuft on her chest(?). Her eyes are amber-y, orange-y, goldish. Once again, DECISIONS.

• I really wish that I hadn't made such short chapters in the beginning. I was aiming for the latest chapters to be at least 3,000 words. That's around 12 pages.

• I started Ember last June (2019) and have been working on it for over a year now. I've been on-and-off writing it, and was going to wait to publish it until it was complete. I, however, was too impatient to wait. It's hard, though, because once the chapters are published, I can't revise them.

• This isn't related to Ember, but looking back at my fan-fic guide, I am disgusted at the amount of poop jokes. I think I have managed to edit them all out now. Wow.

• I like the prefix "Ember," but, you know, embers are orange.

• Emberstorm was 3 1/2 - 4 years old when she died.

• Wave and Mist were originally going to accompany Emberstorm back to the Clans, but I changed it up. I've been altering the original plot quite a bit as you can probably tell.

• Sparkkit, Hazelkit, and Smokekit were going to be the main characters in my first fan-fiction, which is now cancelled. I hadn't even plotted it out or settled on the conflict before writing, so as expected, it didn't work out.