Chapter 2

***AN - her name is Madeline now cause why not

Maddie's POV

My vision was blurred. I felt dizzy as I attempted to open my eyes.

"Dad?" I asked, but was greeted by silence.

I started to regain consciousness and sat up. I looked around the empty room but saw no one.

I figured the power had gone out because of all the candles that were scattered across the room.

Steeping down from the cabinet, I noticed the place was a mess, what in the world happened while I was asleep?

Then it hit me. How long have I been asleep?

A wave of questions made way into my brain as I recalled the last moment before I was put to kryosleep.

What had happened with A.L.I.E? Did mom manage to hack her out of the system? Did this kryo chamber even work?

I discarded that last question out of my head. Of coarse it worked, all the dust in the room must have been collecting for at least a good amount months.

Who had been the one that woke me up? I don't recall my father selecting an exact time for my awakening.

I looked next to me and saw the other two cabinets empty. Someone must had woken me up, and the cabinets were open, meaning my dad is probably in the room.

"Dad?" I called out once more. No answer.

I reached for the lamp in the middle of the room but the power wasn't functioning .

"Dad, if this is some kind of joke, it's not funny"

I started looking around the room. Some candles could be seen on the table. They were warm, which meant someone had in fact been here just moments ago.

I continued to search for my father.

On the side of a room, I could see something moving inside of some blankets.

"There you are" I said, starting to pull it away from him.

Before being able to uncover my father, I felt a sharp pain on my head and then it all went black.

____________________________________

Clarke' s POV

I looked at the body of the mysterious girl laying on the floor.

"WHY ON EARTH WOULD YOU DO THAT?!" I asked Finn hysterically.

Charlotte woke up once I raised my voice.

"SHE WAS ABOUT TO FIND CHARLOTTE, I HAD NO CHOICE" answered he.

I kneeled down to check her pulse.

"She's just unconscious, but she will wake up soon"

"Who do you she is? One of the 100?" Finn asked me.

"I don't know. She seemed quite lost, asking for her dad I mean." I told him.

"Maybe she was just having a nightmare"