Armistice - Seal Orbs

Aww i hope i can still love phoenix...

*sighs* ok...

I  uh 

here's the next chapter hopefully.

_____________________

Armistice 5

....

3.00   Lucilla   (Lu-see-uh)  1ST persona

I look at Cambridge from the corner of my eye, and I notice something. Not only is he a total ding dong of a brother but there’s something new to add to the list today. I pop my gum and that catches his attention, as it usually does. I feel like bopping him upside the head, but there’s this urge that tells me no.

It's his fault I can't punch like I need to. Him; Dominic.

Dominic is such a wuss. At times at least. It takes me a while sometimes to remember why I'm with him. I turn to my brother and remember why I'm so baffled.

"Cambridge... Why do you want her to come so badly?"

He doesnt answer right away, so I sigh and scratch my head, still recovering from the slight head trauma I'd experienced after sniffing the chalk. Of course I know the answer, but Cambridge isn't in a position to tell the truth any more than I am. He seems to be lying to himself about slot of things lately. Like the fact that mom and dad were never going to get rid of me. Only him. Which isn't odd, but nevertheless, it could make you go a little bonkers. By far Cambridge has the brains, the stealth, witt, whatever you'd like to call it.

But he doesn't make the right choices.

He doesn't seem to understand the fact that it's not cheating until you get caught. He can get an exceptionally passing grade on his biology exam, come home, steal an HD TV or something or other expensive, but not have the balls to follow through with it. It's happened like that all 14 times. The cops take him to the station, after he willingly turns himself in that is, and after the 3rd time, my parents have had to have been the lucky ducks to bail him out of Juvy. Luckily he gets bailed considering dads a cop. Being a cop makes dad this huge macho man, bevause there are so little of them these days. He practically inhales the powers/privileges. The problem is,  Not only does Cambridge give dad a bad reputation as the ironic officer, but mom and dad found out that for one instance he was stealing to sell the crap he stole and pay off the roofies he and Dominic bought. He'd been the one to turn himself in though then too. That time they waited 2 days before bailing him out of Juvy.

Me, I'm total opposites. I'm not the brightest apple in the bunch, academic grade wise, but I manage to stay out of trouble. Which appears to be the most important idea these days. But last week, when Cambridge got hold of a joint of slates, shortly prior to giving himself away, the cops gave my parents two decisions. And they picked what a normal parent after the repealment of amendment 29 would do.

"It's not that I want her to come, it's that I think she might come, and by letting her overhear it, I'm ensuring that Tacem's going to be here 1:00am. Just because she thinks she's so clever, and her pride won't allow her to go any other way." Cambridge explains in a matter of factly, hoarse tone.

I huff.  him and another one of his denial, I think I've got every bitch in this world figured out, i'm so hopelessly and unknowingly in denial, plans.

I love the douche, I really do, but let's face it, he's a defunct, and he's my bro, and unfortunately wherever he goes, because we're so close, I'll feel the incessant urge to find out and follow. And I'm definitely not telling mom and dad. They can die of something else less vulgar than a heart attack. How stupid will that sound in their obituaries?

"Mr. and Mrs. Seghers cause of death: Cardiac Arrest.

The thing is, I'm almost disgusted with the knowing that they'd get more upset over the fact that I'm kicking it AWOL more than they would with Cambridge. Think of him as a brilliant delinquent boy with autism, and extreme form of autism.

Yea, that sounds good enough, as far as metaphors go.

Except his issue isn't necessarily mental.

I look back at Cambridge.  I can see the strain on his face, all these stupid decisions he has to make. Deciding whether or not to stay or leave. I'm not sure... But This isn't the way it's supposed to be, if anything, he should be the favorite child, not me. I should be the one trying to escape, not him. I don't deserve it. He doesn't deserve this.

I shake my head as we walk toward our house. 

I'll make up something before 1am. 

definitely. 

__________________________

....

uhh

keep hope and carry on...

i think.