{6} This Is Not Happening.

                                                                      _____

          “Good morning, Spencer!” Jay greeted me just as I reached the bottom of the stairs, my hand were rubbing my right eye. 

          I frowned. The last time I checked the clock, it was only eight thirty on a Sunday morning. What was he doing in our house that early? “Jay? What are you doing here?”

          “Mom’s orders,” Hanna said, yawning. She was still in her nightgown, laying down by the couch. While me, I was only coming down for water. 

          “Mom?” I wondered aloud. She was behind all of this? Why?

          “Good morning, dears!” Called my mom from the kitchen. Now I’m getting more suspicious. What was actually up with her? Why on earth would she call the head of this village to our house when—

          “Here you go, Jay!” Speak of the devil. Immediately, three pairs of eyes snapped towards the sound of her voice. Mom was holding a plate which was being covered with both her hands in gloves, you know, the gloves you used to take your food out from your over? Yeah.

          “Mom,” Hanna looked at her eyes, eyes big, jaw dropped. “What are you doing?”

          Jay laughed as mom placed the plate right in front of me, then, pulling the cover away, revealing her Italian spaghetti. (for your information, it’s a leftover, that was our dinner for last night.)

          “Your mom has been thinking about opening a restaurant,” Jay explained, not even bothered to look at us. 

          “For a long time,” Mom added, smiling down at the spaghetti in front of her. “Oh! Where’s Claudia?”

          “She’s on her way—”

          Over a distance, I heard the door bell, telling us that Claudia, Jay’s wife was here. I was still puzzled to go over the door, so, my sister did the job for me. 

          “Hey Olivia! I’m sorry I was late!” Claudia said, smiling as she stepped in. Then, taking off her coat, she walked towards my mom. “Anyway, Jay told me last night that you were preparing some Italian pastas for us for the restaurant that you’re thinking about—”

          “Woah,” I said, holding up my hands, my head was still spinning. “Slow down.” 

          “Good morning Spencer, Hanna!” She greeted, beaming at us before kissing her husband by the cheek and settling down by the dining table beside him. 

          Hanna watched them for a moment, still confused, like me, before walking towards the stairs, making me to step aside to let her through. “I’m going back to bed. Night guys.”