Chapter 1

Born with skin so fair

Blessed with locks of gold

But life isn't all that fair

For her mother soon fell into Death's hold...    

Chapter 1

“Mom look what I’ve got!” I gushed at my mom, immediately waking her up from her nap.

“What is it, sweetie?” she asked with a lazy smile, while calling me to come to her side.

I followed her and said “Well you have to guess it first.” I said with a giggle, while keeping the flower on my back. It wasn’t just any flower it was a pink rose, with dewy waters. The perfect flower, and my mother’s favorite.

I looked at her from my lashes and saw her looking at me curiously. “Is it an earthworm or a lady bug?” she asked with one of her eyebrows raised. Last time we went on the porch on the backyard of ours, I surprised her with a lady bug, her and dad…

Dad.

I wonder where he is. He said he’ll be here, just a little late…

“Uhm mom, where’s dad?” I asked my mood a while ago, just went downhill. I looked at mom and saw her wonder the same, but she replied me and said: “Oh sweetie, your father just called a while back saying, he’ll be late, his boss wants him to finish some work, but he’ll be here, okay?” My mom soothes. “Now tell me what you’ve got!” she said excitedly totally changing the topic about dad.

I of course brushed it off and told her “Well you should guess it right, mom, and no cheating.”

I began to giggle, as she tickles my sides to let her see what I’m hiding behind my back.

“Mo-mom th-that’s cheating!” I said as I giggle uncontrollably. We began laughing together, as if the world didn’t ever gave us any trouble.

“Whoa, pink roses!” my mom suddenly gushes. As I gave her the pink roses I was hiding and she held it with her hands. “They’re beautiful sweetie, like you.” She said and brought me on her arms, I then whisper to her ear “Like you too, mommy!”

I then found myself turn around and went to the door “Mom, dad’s home!” I shouted for my mom to hear.

“Hey sweetie, where’s your mom?” my dad said as he crouched down to hug me and kiss me on the cheek.

I pointed at our backyard and tugged my dad to go out. We went and there we saw, mom laying down on the grass.

At first I thought she was sleeping again, or maybe faking a sleep even. So I went and wake her up.

“Mom, dad’s here wake up now, you’ve been sleeping a while ago already.” As I shook her, when I saw no response, I shook her harder, but this time tears are forming on my eyes.

“Dad, mom won’t wake up!” I shouted at him, as my dad went and shake her as well.

Why won’t my mom wake up?  

“Da-dad?” I looked up my wet lashes and found him also in tears.

“Call 911, fast!” he instructed with tears in his face, I didn’t know first what to do, so I just followed what he said.

I told the person on the other line everything he asked about mom, and where we are, and after five minutes or so, we have an ambulance on our drive way and people dress in white coming to us- rushing to my mom and placing her in a stretcher.

“Mom!” I saw myself shouting as my dad hugged me and cried too, saying that mom would be fine, and that she’s just tired.

“Mom!” I yelled at no one in particular.

I woke up breathless and sweat beads are forming on my forehead. The dream slash nightmare, was the day we, my dad and I, found out that mom has cancer.

‘I went in the room with pink roses, my mom’s favorite flower, in hand. I saw mom sleeping yet again, she hasn’t woke up yet after the incident. I mentally cringed at the mere thought. I saw my dad on her side, sleeping soundly, I smiled sadly, and he wasn’t sleeping well nor eating well since we got here.

I then found myself grabbing my mom’s cold and fragile hand, and looked up at her pale skin rubbing it with my little thumbs, I kissed it.

Then I went out, leaving them, my mom and dad, alone for a while. I lurked around the hospital and found myself in the roof top.

Cold air mixed with warm air form the mechanics surrounds me as I went and sat on a bench, on the side.

Sadness, anger, irritation and many more emotions came to me, though I don’t feel anything at all.

I then cried there, I cried and cried till I no longer felt that I can, I cried for my mom, for dad, for our family, and for me.’

My alarm started buzzing, which broke me out of my thoughts. I sigh and wiped all the tears on my face, and started stretching. I made a mental note on going to her tomb, maybe tomorrow, if I can make it…

I then went to my closet to grab my undergarments and some long-sleeved shirt and a plaid skirt, and went to the bathroom.

After I finished my routine, I went and combed my hair while humming a weird tune, which was stuck to my head.

Looking at the mirror, I put my hair up into a low ponytail, and grabbed a handkerchief and tie it around my hair. My usual look.

I then hear a ‘cling’ noise and sigh, went to the intercom and pushed down the little button to answer the call.

~♧~

A/N

Heya guys so first chapter is up^

Tell us what you think of it on the comments, and can we get like 10 votes for this chapter? Coz that’ll be so awesome.

and yeah till the next update

bye!❤

-Livy & Mere