Scared To Death

"Dude! Someone just pulled up." Her roommate yelled up to her. She peeked out the window to see a black car sitting in their drive. Her brows furrowed with confusion. The car looked familiar but she couldn't place from where. She shrugged it off, statisically, she'd never seen the car before. Black and white cars were the most common.

"Who is it?" She asked descending the stairs. Her curiosity had gotten the better of her. Her roommate shrugged and peeked out the window once more, watching the man that had climbed out of the black car.

"I have no idea, but he is cute." Her roommate snickered, "Well, you would find him cute." She gave another look of confusion and peeked out the window over her roommates head. The sight of his green eyes and brown curls made her gasp. His tattoo peeked out from the sleeve of his button down shirt. She could feel her heart racing as he ascended the front steps. "Are you okay?" Her roommate inquired softly. "You look like you're going to pass out." She couldn't answer due to the knock on the front door.

"Nope. No way." She shook her head quickly. Her roommate headed for the door, leaving her to mull over her thoughts. As she heard the front door open, fight or flight response activated. FLIGHT. She ran up the side stairs with all the speed her tired body could muster.

"I think she just booked it up the stairs. You should hurry before her bedroom door closes." She heard her roommate snicker. She gasped at the betrayl as she rounded the corner, heading for her bedroom. She was caught off gaurd by the sound of heavy, lightning quick footsteps coming up the front staircase. In her head all she could think of was getting to her room and slamming the door. She didn't want this.

"Gotcha!" He cackled as he caught her around her waist. She wailed in disbelief. Why did his legs have to be so long? He pulled her into her bedroom and slammed the bedroom door behind them. He let her go, letting her scamble to the other side of the room to stare out the window. He locked the door quickly, not wanting her roommate to interrupt the conversation that needed to happen.

    She gripped the window sill. Her fingers were starting to lose feeling from her vice grip on the wood. If she turned around, he was really there. If she kept her eyes on the garden outside, he would surely leave. Right? The room was thick with silence and tension. She could feel him. He was near the end of the bed, but she could've swore he was much closer. The emotions radiating from him were intense. Worry, sadness, giddyness, anxiety. Then in a moment, it was like the whole room stopped its hum. Did he leave? She spun around to be met by his bright green eyes gazing down at her. She'd slammed into his solid chest with the force of her turn. He grinned when surprise took over her face.

"Hello." His thick accent mixed with his teasing tone in a way that made her knees weak. It was similar to the first time they'd met. "You're hiding from me." He murmured, brushing her hair away from her face.

"I am not." She shot back indignantly.

He chuckled, "That's why you ran up the back stair case." She glared at him, not liking that he was teasing her at the moment. "Why are you hiding from me?"

"I'm in my pajamas. I haven't even brushed my hair or my teeth yet." She snapped, "Sorry that I worry about hygiene and my appearance." Another crooked smile appeared on his face. "What?" She huffed.

"I'm not letting you out of this room, for anything, until you talk to me."

"I'm talking to you right now."

"You know that's not what I mean."

"What do you want then?"

"Honesty."

"I like pancakes." She replied with a small voice. His loud laughter shook her. "Well I do." She muttered, attempting to take a step back. She needed to be out of his arms to think straight. He pulled her tighter against him. He knew why she wanted  to step back. He wanted her to lose control of herself again. It was the only way he was going to get the conversation he wanted. "I'd like for you to let go of me." Her voice wavered as she said it.