Righting A Wrong

"What's brown and sticky?" Alastor asks, holding his bright red microphone close to his characteristically huge grin.

"I dunno, Nutella?" you hear Niffty say.

"No, a STICK! Hahahaha!" Alastor laughs, as the rest of the audience laughs along and cheers for him.

Everyone in the audience, aside from you and Charlie.

The two of you sit at your typical table at the far side of the hotel auditorium, during another one of Alastor's Saturday night "Dad Joke" stand up routines. Instead of the typical happiness and slight annoyance you feel during one of his stand up comedies, the events from earlier still weigh heavily on both of your minds.

"Charlie, I said I was sorry about the whole amp thing." you say. "How was I supposed to know that the knob was put on backwards?"

"That's what I was trying to tell you." she replies with a groan. "But did you listen to me? No! You just went ahead and strummed the world's loudest guitar riff!"

"Can February March?" Alastor asks, the same wide grin plastered on his face.

"It was an accident!" you say in defense. "I was trying to turn it down!"

"I know, but that doesn't change the fact that we have to pay to get that wall fixed again! And you startled Phil's kids half to death!"

"No, but April May! Hahaha!" Alastor finishes his punchline, as the audience laughs along with him.

"How was I supposed to know that he would punch it, huh? And that his arm would literally go through the fucking wall and nearly kill me!?" you ask, slamming a fist against the table.

"You know what, fuck this!" she exclaims, briefly turning into her demon form as she jumps up and storms out of the auditorium, leaving you sitting by yourself at the table.

Alastor continues on with his jokes, but you don't care to even pay attention to them right now.

The two of you rarely have fights like this, certainly ones that escalate to this high of a level. Small, petty disagreements happen here and there, of course, but full blown arguments like this almost never happen between you and Charlie. You don't really know what you should do to help rectify the situation.

Should you follow after her, and try to mend things immediately, or try to let things simmer down for a bit and stay away for a while? After a bit of thinking, you decide to do the latter, because you think some time alone should help calm Charlie down. You grab a drink from a waiter who is passing your table, and take a swig.

This might be the best way for you to take your mind off things for a bit, as well.

"What do you call a guy with no body and no nose? NOBODY KNOWS!" Alastor jokes as the rest of the audience cheers.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After a decent amount of time passes, you think you're ready to see her again. No doubt, Charlie is probably back up in your hotel room, waiting for you to come back. Alastor's show looks like it's almost over, and some of the other hotel guests watching the show have started to get up and gather their things.

Just as you are about to stand up and head for the door as well, you feel a soft tap on your shoulder. You turn around and see Charlie, with a teary-eyed, sorrowful look.

"Could you... come with me?" she asks, gesturing to the door.

"Uh, yeah, of course." you say, shocked to not only see her back down here at all, but also in such a sad state.