Three

My alarm clock beeped at precisely 6.00 the next morning. I woke up with a smile. But when she heard the loud snore of Mr. Ryder, she frowned.

I bet Dylan's still asleep and dreaming about girls

I got up and did a bit of morning exercise to start the day. I then went to take my uniform and showered. I decided to take a quick but clean shower.

After showering, I applied her morning cream, a bit of powder, a bit of blush, and a neutral colored lipstick.

I then went outside and decided to leave Dylan sleeping.

" Morning Dad, morning Delilah, " I said.

" Morning honey, where's Dylan? " Dad asked.

" Still asleep, " I replied.

I walked to the table to grab a glass of milk and a piece of chocolate bread. Then I put on my sneakers and rode off with my bike.

" Bye Dad, bye Delilah! " I exclaimed from outside.

I began paddling to school. It was about 6.30. I decided to stop by at the cafe to grab a milkshake. It would get me all up and ready for school.

I stopped my bike in front of the cafe to buy a milkshake. After that, I went pedaling to school.

That day, Dylan arrived at school late. Not surprisingly. His mom probably had to drag him to the ground just to wake him. At 7.30, Dylan arrived. He was wearing his usuals. His hair all messed up, his uniform not any better.

I think he didn't even take a bath. He smelled like stinky socks. I'm pretty sure there was green toxic smoke coming from him. That just goes to show how disgusting Dylan is.

After school that day, a text came to my phone.

Dad: Go home together with Dylan okay Karen :)

I sighed and texted my reply.

You: Okay...

I looked around the class in search of Dylan. After not seeing him anywhere, I decided to go to the cafeteria. He's probably there with his friends.

" Dylan, let's go home, dad said you have to come with me, " I ordered.

Dylan was there. With his friends in the cafeteria. They were sitting on the tables while talking and laughing.

" Emm, no, I'm not going home with you, " Dylan said sternly.

" If you don't step a foot I'll tell them how you are when you're asleep, I caught a pic yesterday, want me to spill it? " I threatened.

I lied, Okay. I didn't have a pic of Dylan. If Dylan didn't come home with me, dad would explode on me. I clearly don't want that.

" Actually I don't care if you spill it, I'm sure you don't even have it anyway, but I'll come home with you, I know your dad will kill you if I don't go home with you. " Dylan said.

I smiled. Maybe I'm being a little too harsh on Dylan.

" Okay, race you back home, the loser has to sleep on the couch! " Dylan yelled.

Okay... I take back what I said.

I didn't wanna be sleeping on the couch. Afterall, it's MY room!

I raced to my bike and zoomed back home. Of course I was faster. Dylan came here with my dad's car, what's he gonna take home?

Just halfway through the ride, I could see Dylan on the sidewalk. He looked all wet. And he was huffing and puffing like crazy.

" So I see you will be first home eh... How did it go? " I mocked. Mocking Dylan is so much fun.

I continued peddling my bike away from Dylan. He sat down on the sidewalk adjusting his breath.

I decided to pedal in the direction of home and stop when I'm just a bit before my house. I have to make it seem like Dylan and I were going home together.

I pedalled slower until I reached the cafe near my house. I decided to just stop pedalling and stop there for a while. Dylan won't be catching up to me anytime soon anyway.

I parked my bike and walked inside the cafe for a glass of coldwater. Drinking milkshakes all the time is not healthy, you know. I decided to get water for Dylan, he may be tired. As much as I hate him, he's still human, and he is my " friend ".

" That would be a dollar, " The cashier girl said.

I took my wallet and handed her a one dollar bill.

" Thank you, have a nice day! " The cashier said. She waved at me and I waved back.

I walked out of the cafe and pedalled to Dylan. He was sitting on the ground, catching his breath.

" Here, " I offered. I handed him the bottle of water.

" Thanks, " Dylan replied. He smiled a little.

I smiled back.

" No problem, " I replied. I turned around to get on my bike again and go home.

Dylan followed behind me. His breath was already normal.

As we got closer to my house, I pedalled faster. No way i'm sleeping on the couch.

Dylan just walked behind me. I think his energy has run out by now.

I arrived in front of my house the next few minutes. I parked my bike and waited for Dylan to arrive.

Dylan arrived the next 5 minute. He was huffing and puffing. His clothes were all wet with sweat. Just as he arrived he fell to my porch.

" I win, so I guess you'll be sleeping on my couch, " I said. For some reason, I didn't want to mock him. This competition wasn't fair. He had to run and I'm riding my bike.

" It's fine, I'm supposed to be sleeping there anyway, " Dylan replied. He standed up and went inside my house.

" Hey dad, Delilah, we're home! " I exclaimed.

I took my shoes off and put them on the shelf properly. Dylan did too. Weird... I didn't know Dylan had manners.

Then, Dylan and I walked upstairs to my room. I plan to do my homework and just rest. I mean I had nothing else to do.

When we reached my room, Dylan dropped himself on the couch. I first put my bag down, unpack it, and did some more stuff.

" I'll go sleep, just wake me up during dinner k, " Dylan said. He took his bag off and put it on the ground. Then, he began snoring away.

I began unpacking and tidying up my stuff. I decided to do homework right now since I get a bit of peace, you know, since Dylan is sleeping, well, minus the snore but it's okay for me.

That afternoon, I did my homework while Dylan just slept. After homework was done, I woke Dylan up with the only method that works. Pulling him till he falls. We showered and ate dinner. Nothing very fancy. Just fish and chips.

After dinner, Dad and Delilah proposed a meeting in the living room. They needed to say something.

" So, we needed to tell you, " Delilah said. She paused and looked at Dad.

" Tomorrow we need to go on a business trip, " Dad said. He looked at Delilah.

" We're going to be gone for three days only, " Delilah said.

" Be good and don't destroy the house okay, " Dad finished.

I just nodded.

This is not the first time I had to take care of the house. I can handle it.

" Okay, good night, " I said. I left the living room and walked upstairs to take my beauty sleep.