Chapter 16

During a tranquil time, some good things would also happen. Today, Zhong Li was full of excitement when he came back, "Xiao Wen. I have something to tell you."

"Yes?"

"I meant an old classmate from before." He could tell that Zhong Li was quite happy and a little nervous. "I'm going to invite him over to eat tomorrow."

"Okay," Ouyang hurriedly put down the materials in his hands. "A middle school classmate? Let's first think about what dishes to make, decide on the menu. I'll go buy it tomorrow."

Zhong Li scratched his head. "It's an elementary school classmate, but now they're a celebrity."

"Is that so..."

"It's Du Youyu."

"What?"

Zhong Li faced his suspicious gaze, laughing, and became a little proud, "It's that Du Youyu."

Ouyang was startled, "Really? You used to be in the same school as him? I didn't even know!"

Zhong Li shyly smiled, "Before my dad's accident, my family had some money, and I studied in a good school for some days. But not long after, I transferred, so I'm not too close to him. When I met him this time, he could still recognize me, and invited me to drink. He's really a true friend."

Although Du Youyu had no overlap with their lives, but Ouyang had more or less heard of him. He had always been the entertainment industry's genius lyricist and composer, though he didn't reveal his face onstage, only working behind the scenes. But because he was really good-looking, and his temperament was outstanding, occasionally appearing on camera with some artists, it gave one a deep impression of his appearance.

He wasn't an idol, yet still enjoyed an idol's treatment; behind were a group of girls who loved beautiful people chasing him.

Ouyang was a little fearful, "Then, ordinary dishes wouldn't do, right? Should we order a lobster? But I don't know how to make that... Oh, and, which wine should I buy? There must be good wine."

"Heh," Zhong Li was brave, "he said he wanted to eat home cooked dishes, so let's make homecooked dishes. Your skills are better than those in restaurants, don't worry. If he's only willing to eat shar's fin and lobster, then we can't afford to be friends with him, can we?"

That day, after finishing the translations he had, Ouyang hurriedly took his wallet and went out.

Their financial situation started to improve over the last two years. As he did more work, and his experience and credibility all gradually accumulated, the number of jobs he received stabilized, and the rate became a little higher.

Although he couldn't work too hard because his health wasn't great, and he didn't earn too much money, but he wouldn't be short of money.

Going to the supermarket to buy groceries, when Ouyang passed by the bookstore, he remembered that he had been busy working all month. He still hadn't bought new books yet, and he couldn't help but go in out of habit.

The new semantic monograph that he had been anticipating still wasn't on the selves. After circling around, Ouyang was a little disappointed, so he went to the magazine section to take a look. If he couldn't buy a book related to his profession, bringing back an entertainment magazine with news about Du Youyu's company's artists wouldn't be bad.

Among so many magazines, he immediately saw the cover of that new business magazine.

Although six years had already passed, and the nearby magazines had so many various faces, Ouyang still recognized him immediately.