• three •

minghao beeped in the code to enter his apartment as his head throbbed and his vision blurred. he could barely press the right numbers. minghao's lip and jaw ached which lead to a headache. he could still taste blood in his mouth. minghao was exhausted, he just wanted to collapse into bed but alas he had to deal with his demon. the door finally opened and minghao removed his shoes and placed his jacket onto the coat hook.

minghao let out an exhale of relief as he didn't see the demon waiting for him by the door. if he could avoid jun for long enough there was a possibility of trying to cover up the already bruised chin and jaw then play off the busted lip. minghao walked quietly through the apartment but was stopped by lemon running towards him. she rubbed against her leg and minghao grinned and bent over, making his head throb more, and gently scratched the top of her head to which she began to purr softly.

"hey mortal?" a familiar voice called from behind him and minghao stood up and sighed. he really didn't feel like telling the demon about his night.

"yeah?" minghao responded keeping his back to jun.

"i made you some food.. how was work?" jun asked and minghao just shrugged.

"tiring. i'm going to bed," minghao said dryly and the demon took a few steps towards him.

"did something happen?" he asked, with a rather firm tone, and minghao glanced over his shoulder.

"i'm going to bed." minghao responded flatly and as he began to walk away jun grabbed his wrist.

jun pulled minghao towards him causing him to turn around and expose his bruised face and busted lip. a scowl appeared on jun's face as he stared at the injury.

"were you not gonna tell me?" jun asked and minghao tried to pull away from him but jun kept his tight grasp. minghao must have not noticed the forming bruises on his arms from the guy punching them earlier but he definitely felt them now.

"why the fuck do you care so much? it's just a bruise and a busted lip!" minghao yelled and jun just glared into his eyes. minghao felt a shiver go down his spine as jun's red eyes glared daggers into him, he had never seen the demon stare at him that way.

"because if you die then i can't have your soul! so take care of yourself you idiot!" jun said coldly and minghao felt a slight pang in his heart. it always hurt to hear someone say that they didn't really care for you they just wanted or needed something from you and that's it.

"i'm going to bed. don't come in my room. leave me alone." minghao said as he finally pulled away from jun.

before jun could reach to him again minghao was already in his room with the door shut and locked. jun let out a sigh and just stood there, he knew he wasn't cut out to interact with mortals. jun pinched the bridge of his nose as he thought of what he could do to make it better. jun's eyes brightened as he walked to the kitchen and made a plate of food then covered it, mainly so lemon wouldn't try and eat it, then made a small first aid kit, that also had some painkillers, for minghao so he could treat his lip

jun placed the plate and kit onto the ground in front of minghao's bedroom door and knocked. there was just silence. jun sighed as he knew that minghao wouldn't just open the door but he hoped for at least some verbal response.

"i made you a plate of food and there's some stuff to treat your lip. i'm sorry. i'll try and bother you less now," jun said before walking away from the bedroom door.

minghao listened from inside and clenched onto his blanket. why the fuck was he acting like he cared now? it was just so minghao could take care of his soul, nothing less nothing more. minghao just rolled onto his side dismissing the thought of food or taking care of his lip completely and hoped to slip asleep with ease but, of course, that wasn't the case. he just laid there and stared to his wall as his face ached and head throbbed. his mind felt so empty yet so full. he hated this, minghao just wanted to fall asleep.

minghao pushed himself up from his bed and unlocked the door then opened it. he saw the plate and first aid items in front of his door but stepped over them and walked to the kitchen and opened the cabinet, ignoring jun all the way. minghao opened the cabinet that held all of his medicine, he reached up and grabbed the painkiller bottle but fumbled it causing it to fall and roll across the floor. minghao sighed but before he could take a step to pick it up jun had already picked it up and began to walk towards him with it.

"thanks," minghao mumbled as he took the bottle from jun and opened it. he took out a few pills and swallowed them with some water. he tried to avoid jun's eyes but jun had his eyes glued to the mortal.

"will you please let me put something on that?" jun pleaded and minghao looked to him. honestly, minghao wanted him to treat it. it hurt like a bitch and minghao wanted it to stop. he let out a sigh and nodded.

"c'mere," jun said as he lifted minghao onto the counter with ease and minghao's heart fluttered.

"stay there, i'm going to get the first aid kit. i'll reheat some food too," jun instructed before walking to another part of the apartment. minghao just looked at the ground and took a moment to think of how absolutely bizarre everything was.

"okay, let me see your pretty face."

"shut up,"

"why? i'm telling the truth! your face is very pretty,"

"i'm going to hit you,"

"i don't doubt that you would,"

• author's notes •

hiii a double update today bc i felt like it <333 also angst minghao is great but i feel like i make it so cringy by how i write him so sorry fheihfei also look at jun coming through and taking care of minghao after being a dickwad but its fine.. thank you for reading <3 i hope you enjoyed this chap!

-lilly