The Figure in the Woods

**Before you read the story I recommend reading this part. This story gets somewhat gorey at the end. I will add marks before that part of you want to read the rest of it. I don't know what my mental state was at when I wrote this. I wrote it about a year ago.**

Amelia was working on  her homework while laying in her room. The house was silent except for  the sound of her pencil on paper, the clicks from her keyboard, and the  music flowing through her headphones. It was around 12:30 in the  morning. Ame's parents had left for a three month long business trip,  and they were only about two weeks into it. As she typed on her laptop  her curtain shifted. She didn't think much of it because her window was  open. After about ten minutes she started to feel colder. So, Ame got up  to close her window, but when she looked outside she saw something. It  looked to be a person. It slowly turned its head up to meet hers. Ame  couldn't make out it face but when she looked at she felt really dizzy  and sick. After a few moments she collapsed. The last thing she saw  before she blacked out was the figure by the woods hovering over her.

    When she came to,  Ame could barely see anything around her. She looked at her watch and it  was only 12:45. So, she stood up and decided to try and find a way out  of wherever she was. As she stood up, Ame could feel something in one of  her pockets. She reached in and pulled out a flashlight. She turned it  on, shined it around a bit, and was shocked at what she saw. She was in  the middle of the field she would always go to with her friends to hang  out. But what she was most shocked by was that it took at least an hour  and a half to get there by car and she had been in her house only five  minutes ago.

    As Amelia wandered  through the woods trying to find a way out, she found a drawing stapled  to the tree in front of her. She pulled it down and noticed on the back  it said Note 2/8. She felt sick again and looked behind her to  see the figure that had been by the woods at her house. It was then that  she realized as long as she looked at it it couldn't move. Sure it  could look around but it couldn't move its legs to walk. So she backed  away from it never taking her eyes off of it until it turned away from  her. Once it did she turned and sprinted. She saw a building and went  into it. As she looked around Ame noticed another drawing this only had a  note under it but she couldn't understand what it said. She checked the  back and it said Note 5/8.

    Amelia kept  walking through the woods and eventually found all of the notes. Once  she did Ame found herself back at the clearing she woke up in. She felt  the same dizziness she had before she blackout in her room as she  collapsed in the clearing.

When she woke up this  time she was in her room and thought it was all just a dream until the  figure appeared in front of her again.

***************************************

At 2:30 A.M. on August  13 the police were called to by Amelia's neighbors because they had  heard loud and desperate screams coming from the house. When the police  arrived, what they saw was horrifying. Amelia had been pinned up on the  wall with long nails that had been stabbed through both of her shoulder  blades. Both of her eyes had been ripped out and a smile carved into her  face. There were long deep cuts along her arms and collar bone. A long  gash ran across her stomach and most of her organs were missing. Her  legs had also been hacked with what the officers had assumed to be a  hatchet. Written in her blood above her head was Look Behind You. That had been the last anyone heard from the officers as they had been found later that day in  the same condition as Amelia.

***** All I can really remember around the time when I wrote this was that I spent an entire class period writing this because I couldn't focus in English.*****